Why Academic Advising?
All UGA students are required to meet with their assigned academic advisor before registering for classes each semester. Advisors at Terry are here to assist you in any way they can. They can help you to plan your course schedule, register for courses, change your major, add a second major, find certificate programs or specializations, apply for internships and get course credit, prepare for your career, meet with companies and recruiters, and more. No matter what questions you have, an advisor is always a great person to ask. If they don't know the answer, they can almost certainly connect you with someone who does.
Advisor Survey: Your feedback is important to us! If you have already met with your academic advisor this semester, please be sure to fill out a brief advisor evaluation. It should only take a few minutes, and all responses are anonymous. Thank you in advance!
Intended Business Students
UGA undergraduates not yet admitted to a Terry major need to meet with an Intended Business Advisor within the UGA Exploratory Center. These experts guide you through your first two years of coursework at UGA and help ensure you are eligible to apply to a Terry major as soon as possible. You're encouraged to explore Terry major options and prospective student resources before applying.
Advising for Admitted Terry Majors
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
- Study Abroad
Interested in changing or adding a Terry major? Apply to modify your Terry major.
Terry Policy for Scheduling Academic Advising Appointments
Terry takes great pride in the quality and the timeliness with which it provides academic counseling to undergraduate students. To help us serve all students as efficiently and effectively as possible, it is important for students to: (a) attend scheduled advising appointments, (b) arrive at those scheduled advising appointments on time, and (c) provide at least 24 hours advance notice if there is an important reason a student cannot make his/her scheduled appointment. We strive to provide advising appointments to students on a fair and equitable basis and, at the same time, ensure academic advisors are able to offer students high-quality advising without unnecessary haste at the last moment.
To those ends, the following policy has been implemented:
- If a student cancels an appointment at least 24 hours in advance, s/he will be able to reschedule that appointment for the next available time. Students can cancel their appointments by e-mailing their advisors directly or canceling on SAGE.
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late for a scheduled appointment or misses an appointment entirely s/he will still be advised, but that opportunity may not be available until after all students who have scheduled appointments in the current semester are advised. Arriving on time for a scheduled advising appointment increases the chance a student will be cleared to register for the classes they desire.
- In those unfortunate cases where students have missed, been late to, and/or failed to cancel two previous appointments, academic advising is available only on Reading Day.
- Walk-in hours are available specifically to answer general questions, or to discuss changing majors or adding additional majors or certificate programs. For that reason, it is not possible for academic advisors to schedule regular advising appointments during those periods and/or clear registration holds.
We hope these policies allow Terry undergraduate students to be advised in a high-quality way, as efficiently as possible, and with mutual respect for the time demands of students and academic advisors alike.