About Terry Ambassadors
Leading by example, ambassadors engage with students and alumni in order to build community within the college, increase understanding of opportunities available, and further the Terry legacy.
- Courage — Take measured risk in response to challenges
- Empower — Equip students with what they need to succeed
- Integrity — Do the right thing
- Respect — Be inclusive to others’ perspectives
- Servant Leadership — Lead with the intent to serve others
Responsibilities + Benefits
Ambassadors promote pride and diversity within the Terry College. To demonstrate their leadership abilities and promote opportunities within Terry, ambassadors frequently engage with fellow students and alumni at a variety of college-wide events.
Ambassadors benefit by:
- Refining presentation skills
- Increasing leadership potential
- Developing a strong network of peers, alumni and professionals
The Terry College Ambassadors are selected based upon their academic records, interpersonal skills and dependability. Applicants should:
- be enrolled as a full-time student within the Terry College
- have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- have at least two semesters remaining before graduation
- show a strong commitment to the Terry College and its programs
Ambassadors are expected to attend one meeting per month and certain functions as designated by the advisor as the group moves forward. In addition, they should be willing to participate in the college’s social and educational events.
Terry Ambassador Application | 2023 - 2024 Terry Ambassadors
The application process for the 2023-2024 Terry Ambassadors will begin later in fall semester. All interested students must attend one information session in order to apply. Link to register for info sessions will be found in "This Week at Terry" weekly newsletter starting in November 2022.
Information session dates:
Monday, November 28, 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 29, 4:00 p.m.
January 2023 Info Session dates/times TBD
Email Sarah Allgood (firstname.lastname@example.org) with specific questions.