Griffin BBA in General Business
General Business students on the Griffin campus are advised by Rachael Pierce. If you are a General Business major located at the Griffin campus, you will be contacted directly for advisement. If you have questions about the program, please contact the program coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advising is mandatory each semester prior to registering for classes. Students graduating in the current term should NOT schedule an appointment but should email their advisor for a separate appointment time if they have questions.
|Advising Begins||Registration Begins|
|Fall Semester Classes||February||April|
|Spring & Summer Classes||September||November|
Distance-Based Advising Expectations
- Students can sign up for available advising appointments in SAGE. Advising will be conducted via Zoom.
- For their distance-based advising meeting, students should conduct themselves in the same manner that they would were this an in-person meeting. This includes:
- Reducing environmental distractions
- Wearing appropriate clothing
- Refraining from the consumption of food and beverages within the meeting
- Use of professional language
- Openness to information provided by your advisor
- Additionally, due to rules and regulations relating to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), students should be prepared to meet in a quiet, calm location without the presence of additional parties.
- If you are not able to make your semester advising appointment, you should notify your advisor in advance of your meeting. Students who "no show" or cancel with less than 24 hours notice for semester advising appointments greatly hinder the advisor's ability to advise everyone in a timely manner. There are no "no show" appointments or walk-in advising for students who missed their appointments. Please review the Terry College's advisement policy which includes information about no-shows and cancellations. Students who "no show" will be allowed to reschedule later in the semester which may affect the student's ability to register on time.
How to Access Your Advising Plan
An outline of your remaining degree requirements can be found in your DegreeWorks Plan:
- Login to DegreeWorks
- Select the Plans tab
- Select the View drop down menu in the upper right hand part of the screen
- Select Notes from the drop down menu for the easiest view of the plan
If you are still having trouble accessing your advising document, please email Rachael Pierce.
Taking courses elsewhere?
Many colleges require a permission form, called a Transient Letter, from students who'd like to take courses at that institution. You can request that a Transient Letter to be mailed/faxed to the college you plan to attend by following the steps below:
- Login to Athena
- Click on Student Tab > Student Records > Request for Enrollment Verification
- Complete the form and be sure to select "Transient Letter" as Verification Type
- Choose the delivery method and enter the address to which you'd like the letter to be sent
For more information, visit the Registrar's website or email email@example.com.
Looking for Upper Division General or Free Electives?
Courses in FHCE, PSYC, SOCI, and others are great picks when choosing UDGE and free electives. Many Griffin Campus instructors are willing to waive prerequisite requirements as well! Check out the Griffin BBA Cheat Sheet for upcoming course options.