Students who have NOT been admitted to Terry College yet are not advised in this department. Contact email@example.com to find out the process of being assigned to an advisor for "pre-business."
- If you do not notify your advisor in advance that you are unable to keep an appointment, your absence will be noted as a No-Show.
- After (2) No-Show appointments, you will not be seen until after registration begins and all other students have been advised.
You will need to contact your advisor directly to reschedule a time.
Please note that the Accounting department does not accept high school credit (such as AP) for any of the accounting coursework. We do not allow outside transfer credit for any of the major accounting courses. (5000+ level)
How to Earn Accounting Internship Credit
Students are expected to secure their own internships. There are a number of opportunities within the Terry College for students to network with potential employers.
Requirements for Internship Credit:
- Grade of C or better in ACCT 5000
- Complete a minimum of 8 weeks of work at 40 hours per week
- Submission of the digital internship form to your advisor (contact your advisor if you do already have this)
New to the Major?
Accounting students are required to complete the following 24 hours of course work:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|9 Hours||6 Hours||6 Hours||3 Hours|
Resources students may be interested in:
- The University of Georgia Bulletin is the official publication for academic matters of the University of Georgia.
- The official UGA Schedule of Classes is available on ATHENA.
- The Office of the Registrar maintains academic records for all University of Georgia students, and publishes the Academic Calendar. Final exam schedules for each semester are also available at the calendar site.
- Disability Resource Center: The Disability Resource Center works directly with students to assess their individual disability-related needs and to develop appropriate plans for academic accommodations and services. Voice 706.542.8719
- Division of Academic Enhancement: The Division of Academic Enhancement can help students assess their academic skills and make plans to improve critical skills, as well as tutoring resources to improve your comprehension in various subjects. If you’re struggling academically and want a counselor to help you identify where you can improve, contact them to set an appointment. 706.542.7575
- Career Center: The UGA Career Consultants can help update your resume, hone networking skills, practice interviewing abilities, and more. Call the main desk to set up an appointment: 706.542.3375
- Student Veterans Resource Center: This office serves as a resource for UGA student veterans, conveniently pointing students to the UGA resources they need while offering support and advocacy for all student veterans. There's also a Student Veterans Association, which is a great way to meet fellow student veterans! Their office is located in room 128 of the Tate Student Center and can be reached at 706.542.7872 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UGA Health Center: Not feeling well? Stressed out? The UGA Health Center is open for your health care needs: 706.542.1162
- Office of Student Financial Aid: Want to know your HOPE/Zell Miller GPA and/or remaining hours? Got other financial aid questions? Contact the OSFA at email@example.com, or by phone at 706.542.6147 (press 1 and ask to speak to a OSFA counselor), or drop in from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Hunter-Holmes Academic Building by the UGA Arch to speak with a counselor.