Advisor Survey: Your feedback is important to us! If you have already met with your academic advisor this semester, please be sure to fill out a brief advisor evaluation.
Complete your survey and be entered into a pool to win a bag of Terry merchandise! Advising plays a critical role in student success at UGA - so we want to know what we're doing right and where there are opportunities for improvement. It should only take a few minutes, and all responses are anonymous. Thank you in advance!
All students who have been admitted to a Terry College major are required to meet with a Terry major advisor before registering for classes each semester.
Not yet admitted to a Terry major? UGA undergraduates who are not yet admitted to a Terry major need to contact an Intended Business Advisor within the UGA Exploratory Center. These experts will guide you through your first two years of coursework at UGA and help ensure you are eligible to apply to a Terry major as soon as possible.
Find Your Advisor
Reasons to be advised
- Register for courses
- Get approval for internship course credit
- Get approval for graduation
- Change or drop a major/degree
- Get information about certificate programs
- Help with finding jobs and internships
Terry Policy for Scheduling Academic Advising Appointments
Terry takes great pride in the quality and the timeliness with which it provides academic counseling to undergraduate students. To help us serve all students as efficiently and effectively as possible, it is important for students to: (a) attend scheduled advising appointments, (b) arrive at those scheduled advising appointments on time, and (c) provide at least 24 hours advance notice if there is an important reason a student cannot make his/her scheduled appointment. We strive to provide advising appointments to students on a fair and equitable basis and, at the same time, ensure that academic advisors are able to offer students high-quality advising without unnecessary haste at the last moment.
To those ends, the following policy has been implemented:
- If a student cancels an appointment at least 24 hours in advance, s/he will be able to reschedule that appointment via SARA for the next available time. Students can cancel their appointments by e-mailing their advisors directly or leaving voicemails for them.
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, s/he will still be advised, but that opportunity will not be available until after all students who have scheduled appointments in the current semester have been advised. Thus, being on time for advising is important because it increases the chances students will get cleared to register for the classes they desire.
- In those unfortunate cases where students have missed, been late to, and/or failed to cancel two previous appointments, academic advising will be available only on Reading Day.
- Walk-in hours are available specifically to answer general questions or to discuss changing majors or adding additional majors or certificate programs. For that reason, it is not possible for academic advisors to schedule regular advising appointments during those periods.
We hope these policies will allow Terry undergraduate students to be advised in a high-quality way, as efficiently as possible, and with mutual respect for the time demands of students and academic advisors alike.