Georgia’s Financial Transactions industry is growing. This certificate provides students with educational opportunities and access to the high-demand career field of FinTech. It includes topics in information systems, business processes management, information security management, and legal issues relevant to the financial services industry.
Currently enrolled undergraduate UGA students who have a minimum cumulative (UGA) GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply.
This certificate requires students to complete 12 course hours with a minimum grade of C (2.0) in those courses. Please refer to the UGA bulletin for prerequisite courses.
- BUSN 3700 – Principles of FinTech (first semester)
- LEGL 4700/6700 – FinTech and Financial Services Law
- MIST 4700 – Financial Technologies (recommended the semester after BUSN 3700)
- MIST 4803* – Internship in FinTech
*To receive internship credit (MIST 4803), students must obtain approval from the MIS department by completing the internship approval form before starting an internship. Internship forms should be submitted to the MIS department.
*Substitutions for MIST 4803 can be approved by the department in situations where deemed necessary. The substitution must be related to the goals of the FinTech Certificate and should only be offered in very unique situations.
How to Apply
- Be sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the online application.
- Complete the essay question (part of the online application).
“Why are you applying to the Certificate in FinTech?” Please describe your motivation, career aspirations or anything else relevant to your interest in the program in 150 words or less.
- September 1 – September 30
- February 1 – February 28
Notification of acceptance will be emailed approximately 2 weeks after each deadline.