Earn the Executive MBA in 10 learning modules and an international trip.
Program design makes the Terry Executive MBA different from any other executive MBA program. We divided the 18-month program into 10 learning modules delivered through weekend instruction, online learning technology, on-site residencies, and an international trip.
Program Format Breakdown
Opening Residency: Leadership (Athens, GA)
This session focuses on organizational behavior and honing leadership. You will meet your distinguished peers with whom you will study for the next 18 months.
Seven 9-Week Modules: Core Business Knowledge (Atlanta, GA)
Seven 9-week modules focus on core business knowledge and its practical application. Courses will focus on two main areas:
- Functional areas of the organization and appreciation of how marketing, finance, accounting, operations and other issues interact to determine organizational effectiveness.
- Strategic thinking and recognizing the role of innovation, technology, systems, and people in creating and sustaining competitive advantage.
Each 9-week module includes:
- 3 weekend (Fri-Sat) classroom sessions
- Online learning for all other activities
The international residency directly exposes you to a global business environment through a variety of learning experiences over 7-9 days. You will gain perspective on how business processes are influenced by international economic, cultural, and regulatory environments. The international residency features:
- Distinguished guest speakers
- Site visits
- Other cultural excursions
Alumni reflect upon this experience as one of the most memorable, challenging, and fun parts of their Executive MBA experience.
Closing Residency: Leadership (Athens)
As the Executive Capstone Simulation course, this leadership residency takes place at the end of the program and brings together all of what you’ve learned over the past 18 months.
Executive MBA students can pursue optional certificates in the following areas:
- Workforce Diversity (offered every spring and fall)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Leading Change (offered after the closing residency)
Independent Study (optional)
An independent study is available to apply your knowledge and skills to a challenge within your own organization. You focus on a well-defined project guided by an appropriate faculty member.