Skip to content
- Department Head, Nicholas A. Beadles Chair of Economics and Professor, John Munro Godfrey, Sr. Department of Economics
- PhD, Economics, Duke University, 2007
- BS, Engineering, University of Virginia, 1999
- Economics of Education
- Labor Economics
- Caetano, Gregorio, Josh Kinsler, and Hao Teng (2019). Towards Causal Estimates of Child’s Time Allocation on Skill. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 34(4): 588-605
- Peter Arcidiacono, Josh Kinsler, and Joe Price. Productivity Spillovers in Team Production: Evidence from Professional Basketball. Journal Of Labor Economics, forthcoming.
- Josh Kinsler. 2016. Teacher Complementarities in Test Score Production: Evidence from Primary School. Journal Of Labor Economics, 34(1):29-61.
- Josh Kinsler and Ronni Pavan. 2015. The Specificity of General Human Capital: Evidence from College Major Choice. Journal Of Labor Economics, 33(4):933-972.
- Josh Kinsler. 2013. School Discipline: A Source or Salve for the Racial Achievement Gap. International Economic Review, 54(1):355-383.
- Peter Arcidiacono, Gigi Foster, Natalie Goodpaster, and Josh Kinsler. 2012. Estimating Spillovers using Panel Data, with an Application to the Classroom. Quantitative Economics, 3(3):421-470.
- Josh Kinsler. 2012. Beyond Levels and Growth: Estimating Teacher Value-Added and its Persistence. The Journal Of Human Resources,47(3):722-753.
- Josh Kinsler. 2012. Assessing Rothstein’s Critique of Teacher Value-Added Models. Quantitative Economics, 3(2):333-362.
- Josh Kinsler and Ronni Pavan. 2011. Family Income and Higher Education Choices: The Importance of Accounting for College Quality. Journal Of Human Capital, 5(4):453-477.
- Josh Kinsler. 2011. Understanding the Black-White School Discipline Gap. Economics Of Education Review, 30(6):1370-1383.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, National Academy of Education/Spencer Foundation, 2011
- Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Rochester, 2007-2015