Dr. Troy A. Montgomery is a full time faculty member in the Terry College of Business where he teaches Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, and Lean Six Sigma courses in the Undergraduate, Full-Time MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA, and Online MBA program.
Troy is also Managing Partner at SC&E Partners, an advisory firm focused on helping organizations succeed in strategic change and execution. He has experience leading teams, projects, and programs with large organizations across multiple industries including General Electric, Bank of America, and Humana. Troy is also an experienced researcher, former adjunct professor, and dissertation chair to doctoral candidates at the University of South Florida. Outside of teaching and advising organizations, he enjoys spending time with his wife, son, and daughter.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- MBA, Management, University of Georgia
- DBA, Doctor of Business Administration, University of South Florida
- Operations management
- Process improvement
- Executive education
- Supply chain management
- Change management
- Project management
- Bishop, T., Reeves Jr., K., Montgomery, T.A., Carolina Leo, C. (2023). Relaunching Lean Six Sigma with action research, ISE Magazine, 55(9) 28-34.
- Shreffler, J., Montgomery, T.A., Shreffler, M., Bernal, M., The, S., Danzl, D., Nan Mallory, M., Huecker, M. (2021). Measuring Faculty Viewpoints to Optimize Success for Faculty Researchers: Does Creativity Matter?, Creativity Research Journal.
- Dozier, P.D. and Montgomery, T.A. (2019). Banking on Blockchain: An Evaluation of Innovation Decision Making. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 67(4), 1129-1141.
- Montgomery, T. (2017). What critical factors do companies consider when selecting innovation ideas? Muma Business Review, 1(7). 69-80.
- Montgomery, T. (2017). “How much is this worth?” Humana’s Chief Innovation Officer explains why this is the wrong question. Muma Business Review, 1(3). 31-38.
- Montgomery, T. (2017). Cost estimating – make or buy? Muma Case Review, 2(3). 1-24.
Awards, Honors, and Recognition
- Six Sigma Green Belt, General Electric
- Superstar OMLP award, General Electric
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Bank of America
- Spirit Award, Bank of America 2009, 2010, 2011
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- North Star Award, Humana
Prior Professional Positions
- Managing Partner, SC&E Partners, Current
- Strategy Engagement Leader, Humana | Tampa, FL, 2014-2018
- Associate Director, SSA&Company Management Consultant | New York, NY, 2011-2014
- Vice President Senior Consultant, Bank of America | Charlotte, NC, 2008-2011
- Operations Leader and OMLP Engineer, General Electric | Louisville, KY, 2002-2007