Enhancing Your Leadership Skills
As one of the first MBA programs to emphasize leadership, Terry has set a high bar in turning students into business leaders. Here’s how our program will prepare you to take the helm.
Leadership Fellows Program
The MBA Leadership Fellows program is an opportunity for second-year MBA students interested in developing their self-awareness, interpersonal skills, and team facilitation skills, and exercising their project management and leadership skills.
This year-long experience has the following required components:
- MGMT 7011 – Leading Evolving Organizations (Second Year)
- Self-Awareness & the Enneagram Workshop (6 hours – Fall/Spring Semesters)
In addition, Leadership Fellows must participate in any two of the following:
- NPF Board Fellows program (Two Years)
- Dawgs on Top Case Competition (First or Second Year)
- Service Learning Project (Spring Semester, Second Year)
- Workforce Diversity Certificate through Terry’s Office of Diversity Relations (First or Second Year)
Before your first MBA class even starts, you start building a firm leadership foundation through a series of workshops. Those workshops continue through the end of your second year. The workshops feature hands-on activities and topics such as:
- Communication techniques
- Personal Pitch Delivery
- Presenting to an Executive Audience
- Team facilitation
Leadership Speaker Series
Each year, UGA’s Institute for Leadership Advancement (ILA) invites senior corporate executives to campus to share their knowledge and insights with you.