How Your Career Will Grow
At Terry, earning an MBA is more than academics. We help you cultivate a career. Our course in career development begins with a self-assessment to discover your distinct interests and strengths. We then develop a career path tailored to your specific goals. During your two years with us, you’ll meet, network, and learn from leading employers and outstanding alumni. The result? Valuable connections that last your entire career.
Network + Hiring
Business is about building relationships. That’s why our FTMBA/MSBA Career Management Center never stops bringing students, employers, and alumni together. Take a look at the many possibilities to expand your network:
- Networking Events: We host networking events throughout the year. Our recruiting partners stay in touch with the best talent, and our students gain valuable insight into potential career options.
- Information Sessions + Interviews: Information sessions are a convenient way to bring companies and students together. Companies host these events on campus to shed light on their industry and culture. These sessions are often followed by on-campus interviews.
- Market Treks and Company Tours: We work with local, regional, and national companies to plan on-site tours where students can network with professionals and learn about various industries.
- Job Postings: Handshake allows students to browse and apply for local, national, and international opportunities.
- National Recruiting Fairs: Terry supports and encourages students to attend leading career fairs, including those hosted by Prospanica, Net Impact, MBA Veterans Network, and the ReachingOut MBA organization for LGBT MBAs. The National Black MBA Association holds the largest MBA career fair each year and is the primary career fair destination of our MBAs.
Employment Statistics (Class of 2022)
Full-Time Employment Statistics
We have a proven track record of connecting our MBA graduates with leading employers.
Internship Employment Statistics
Employment by Function
Employment by Region
The FTMBA/MSBA Career Management Center (CMC) partners with students to help them earn positions at top organizations in a wide range of industries. In addition to connecting students with companies, the CMC assists with career advising, résumé review, and interview preparation. With a 1-to-10 staff-to-student ratio, the individualized attention students receive distinguishes career development at UGA from the process at other programs. Students build the capabilities they need to launch and manage their post-MBA careers. Here is a representative selection of companies where Georgia MBA students recently landed full-time jobs and summer internships:
American Family Insurance
Bank of America
Blue Shield of California
Bristol Myers Squibb
Domain Capital Group
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Hill’s Pet Nutrition
Keurig Dr Pepper
Navy Federal Credit Union
NTT Data Services
Oak Grove Foundation
Savannah River Remediation
SVN Bell Commercial Real Estate Advisors
The Colography Group
The Home Depot