Wednesday, April 12, from 5:00 – 8:30pm at Hotel Indigo’s Rialto Room
5:00 – Reception area is open for everyone to enjoy heavy hors d’ouevres and drinks
5:30 – Teams begin their pitches
7:30 – Teams finish and judges start to deliberate
8:00 – Winner is announced
The reception area will remain open until 8:30pm!
UGA's Next Top Entrepreneur is open to student startup teams from all over the country. During this live event, teams pitch their existing business plans or business idea in front of a live audience and a panel of judges. At the end of the competition, one winning team is awarded $10,000!
Teams traveling out of state for the competition are also eligible for travel reimbursement (limited to 4 students).
Who Is Eligible
Students from any college or university with a solid business idea, concept, product and/or existing business who are looking to take it to the next level. Teams will be evaluated on their business model, the validity of their idea, and their ability to execute. Our judges are looking for the business with greatest potential for success.
Startup Team Requirements
- At least two team members must be an active undergraduate/graduate level student (no doctoral students).
- The startup must have less than $1 million in annual sales.
- There is no limit on the type of business.
- Only 4 members of the team may participate in the competition (no exceptions).
How to Apply
The application portal will be open from October 1, 2016 until February 15, 2017. The final six teams will be announced on March 1, 2017.
The application period is currently closed.
Judging Process and Prize
- The applicant pool will be judged by an internal committee.
- The top teams will advance to the next round in Athens, Georgia. The pitch competition will take place in front of a live audience and a panel of 4–5 judges who have experience in the startup and business world. These judges will pick the winning team.
- The winning team receives $10,000.
- Teams that must travel to Athens for the competition will receive a stipend for travel and hotel accommodations for up to four people.