The Terry College Ambassadors are selected based upon their academic records, interpersonal skills and dependability. Applicants should:
- be enrolled as a full-time student within Terry College
- have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- have at least two semesters remaining before graduation
- show a strong commitment to Terry College and its programs
Ambassadors are expected to attend one meeting per month and certain functions as designated by the advisor as the group moves forward. In addition, they should be willing to participate in social and educational events of the college.
Responsibilities + Benefits
Ambassadors promote pride and diversity within the Terry College.
To demonstrate their leadership abilities and promote opportunities within Terry, Ambassadors frequently engage with fellow students and alumni at a variety of college-wide events.
Ambassadors benefit by:
- Refining presentation skills
- Increasing leadership potential
- Developing a strong network of peers, alumni and professionals
Feel you meet the eligibility requirements? Submit these documents by April 8, 2013 to Undergraduate Student Services:
- Ambassador Application
- Essay (1 page): "Why I want to be a Terry College Ambassador"
Selected applicants will participate in a group interview. The interview will explore communication skills, willingness to learn more about the college, desire to convey pride and diversity in the college and commitment to participate in assignments.