FinTech (Financial Technology) is a fast-growing $30 billion business sector that involves the use of technology to facilitate millions of every day financial transactions. Atlanta is the hub of this industry, with more than 100 FinTech companies processing 70 percent of all credit, debit, and pre-paid card transactions in the United States, amounting to $3.5 trillion annually. Atlanta and the state of Georgia are home to not only large FinTech employers such as First Data, Fiserv, Equifax, Global Payments, NCR, and Incomm, but also a growing community of startups and innovators such as Acculynk, Cardlytics, GreenSky, Kabbage, and Parkmobile. Combined, the FinTech industry employs more than 30,000 people, with demand for skilled professionals growing rapidly.
The Georgia Full-Time MBA program’s area of focus in FinTech enables students to acquire the necessary academic content within a project-based learning environment to start their professional careers in this fast-growing industry.
- MIST 7600: Data Analytics
- Coursework for concentration(s) in Business Analytics, Finance, Real Estate, Risk Management, or Entrepreneurship
Required Courses (12 hours):
- BUSN 7990: FinTech project with corporate partner
- LEGL 6700: Law of FinTECH (Spring)
- MIST 7775: Cyber Threat Intelligence (Fall & Spring)
- MIST 7690: Business Process Management (Spring)