Concentration in Human Resource Management
With more than 70% of US GDP coming from the services sector, managing human resources has emerged as one of the most pressing challenges of modern corporate organizations. The Georgia MBA concentration in Human Resource Management builds an interdisciplinary approach towards managing organizations by combining course work from the Terry College of Business and the College of Education. Students in this concentration will acquire expertise in data management and analytics, employment law, risk management, leadership and negotiations, and business strategies. This concentration builds a strong quantitative approach to the management of human capital in complex business organizations.
Companies that have hired Georgia MBAs for roles in HR in recent years include AT&T, Coca-Cola, and Manhattan Associates.
Typical Job titles: Human Resources Leadership Development Program Associate, Recruitment Manager, Senior Recruiter
Human Resource Management
Required Courses (15 hours)
Electives (6 hours)
- ECON 7950: Competitive Strategy (Fall)
- FINA 6205: Mergers & Acquisitions (Fall & Spring)
- LEGL 7050: Negotiations (Fall)
- MARK 7600: Predictive Analytics (Fall)
- MGMT 7011: Leading Evolving Organizations (Fall)
- MIST 7690: Business Process Management (Spring)
- RMIN 7100: Fundamentals of Risk Management (Fall)