Considering the University of Georgia Full-Time MBA? Take the next step.
We look for down-to-earth, driven, resourceful candidates who are intellectually curious and who enjoy solving problems in a collaborative environment. On this page, you’ll learn more about admissions requirements, application materials and deadlines, and how to apply to the Full-Time MBA program.
The Full-Time MBA application cycle has four deadlines. We encourage you to apply when you are ready and can submit the strongest application. If you are interested in our merit-based awards, consider applying in the two earlier rounds. We work hard to review applications in a timely manner, and we promise to issue our decisions no later than the dates posted below.
October 10, 2022 - 11:59 PM ET
November 18, 2022
Recommended deadline for merit-based scholarships and assistantships
December 15, 2022 - 11:59 PM ET
February 1, 2023
Final deadline for international students
March 1, 2023 - 11:59 PM ET
April 10, 2023
Final deadline for all applicants, including dual degree programs
May 15, 2023 - 11:59 PM ET
June 1, 2023
Full-Time MBA application requirements include:
- Two (2) years of professional work experience (post bachelor’s degree) before entering the program
- A one-page business résumé
- Two letters of recommendation (professional recommendations are preferred)
- Unofficial copies* of your transcripts from each institution attended for college credit
- Self-reported* GMAT or GRE scores (Select applicants may apply for a test score waiver. Please review the application instructions for more information.)
- Self-reported* TOEFL or IELTS scores (for non-native English speakers)
- Essays (two required, one optional)
- Video Essay (optional)
- $100 Application Fee (paid online at time of application submission)
*If you are offered admission, we will require your official transcripts and score reports at that time.
Learn More About the Georgia Full-Time MBA
Sign up for a one-on-one meeting with an admissions representative, connect with an MBA Ambassador, register for an event, or watch videos to learn more about the student experience.
Full-Time MBA Admission FAQs
How do I apply to the Full-Time MBA program?
- Complete the online application.
- You will then answer several questions, upload the required application materials, and pay the application fee.
- You can save the application and return to it multiple times until you finish it.
- Do not submit the application until it is complete. You cannot change it after submitting.
Why do I need two years of work experience?
The admissions committee strongly prefers that candidates possess a minimum of two years of full-time work experience for two reasons. First, students are expected to relate real-world experiences to concepts presented in the classroom. Second, MBA employers strongly prefer candidates with a minimum of two years of professional experience. Entering an MBA program with less experience may limit your employment options and reduce your return on investment.
What should I include in my résumé?
Please include your employment and educational history in reverse chronological order (most recent first). For work experience, include titles, dates and whether you worked part-time or full-time. Your educational record should indicate dates of attendance and degree(s) earned. Other information is encouraged, especially as it quantifies your experience and puts your achievements into context. When possible, include information about outside activities and interests, including community service and hobbies.
What are the transcript requirements?
The University of Georgia requires that all MBA applicants possess a baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. Please refer to the Graduate School website for more information about requirements for domestic and international students. Candidates are expected to have a minimum 3.0 GPA. You can still apply if you do not meet the GPA requirement, but it is highly recommended that you submit an optional essay addressing your academic performance. Official transcripts will be required after admission.
Do you accept GMAT or GRE?
We accept both, but the GMAT is preferred. We do not have a minimum score requirement for either test, but please refer to our Class Profile to understand the average applicant profile. We highly encourage candidates to take time to prepare before test day. Many online resources are available to assist you, including practice tests. You can register for the GMAT at mba.com. An official score report will be required after admission.
Do you offer test score waivers?
The Full-Time MBA program considers select applicants for test score waivers. We evaluate waiver requests on a case-by-case basis for applicants with more than three years of relevant and progressive full-time work experience, active duty U.S. Military personnel with more than two years of service or those currently enrolled in another UGA graduate program. In addition, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria to qualify:
- A strong record of academic performance from an accredited U.S. institution
- An advanced degree from an accredited U.S. institution (graduate, master’s, professional degrees)
- Professional certifications with a quantitative focus (CPA, CFA or other certification)
- Strong performance in previous analytical or quantitative coursework
What are the requirements for non-native English speakers?
Non-native English speakers must submit valid scores for either the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo. The committee looks for a minimum overall score of 100 for the TOEFL or an overall band score of 7.0 for the IELTS, and comparative Duolingo scores. An official score report will be required after admission. Please read the International Students page for more detailed information.
What should I include in my essays?
Essays are a way for you to share your perspective and plans. The best essays are introspective, authentic and succinct.
Required Essay 1
- How will the Georgia MBA help you achieve your short- and long-term career goals? (400 words or less)
Required Essay 2
- Option A: Tell us about a time you created a positive impact, either personally or professionally. Describe the impact. Why was it significant to you or others? (250 words or less)
- Option B: Describe a time when you contributed to making a work environment or organization more welcoming, inclusive, and diverse. (250 words or less)
- Please use this optional essay to share relevant information that isn't revealed anywhere else in your application materials. The committee wants to understand you as a whole person, so use this essay to “fill any holes” in your application. (400 words or less)
Optional Video Essay
- This is another way for you to show parts of yourself and your personality that are not seen elsewhere in your application. Details and prompts are available in the application.
Will there be an interview during the application process?
Interviews are by invitation only. After we receive and review applications, select candidates may be invited to schedule an interview. We can arrange virtual interviews for international applicants and domestic candidates unable to travel. If you attend a Campus Visit Day for your interview, your day will include:
- A face-to-face interview with a member of the MBA Admissions Committee
- Lunch with current MBA students
- A class visit
Ready to get started? Apply now.