A Lean Six Sigma certification from the Terry College of Business sets you apart from your colleagues as being uniquely equipped with the right combination of analytical problem-solving, critical thinking, and process-improvement skills.
Date: May 8-10, 2024
Terry Executive Education Center
3475 Lenox Road, Atlanta, GA 30326
Date: March 13-April 17, 2024
Time: Tuesdays, 12:30-2:00 p.m. EST
Online Program: UGA eLearning Commons
- Phase I: Lean Six Sigma Foundations (completed online)
- Phase II: Green Belt
Custom Program options available. Contact Jason Parrish at 404-842-4827 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This program is accredited by The Council for Six Sigma Certification.
Six Sigma is an enterprise-wide, data-driven methodology used to improve products and processes by increasing operational efficiencies and enhancing the customer experience. Terry’s combination of online content, in-person instruction, and coaching bring together participants from diverse industries who strive for flawless execution, continuous process improvement, and peak operational efficiency within their companies.
This program is designed for leaders who want to improve their processes and drive efficiencies in their companies. Participants earn a widely recognized Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification from the University of Georgia and will have the opportunity to complete interactive exercises gaining direct insights from other professionals and UGA expert instructors. The program will also provide Design Thinking, Change Leadership, and Project Management concepts. Participants will not only learn about numerous Lean Six Sigma tools, but they will also have the opportunity to apply the most important tools to current projects, driving immediate results within their organizations.
Set yourself apart by earning a Lean Six Sigma certification from Terry College of Business. With this proven methodology, you will feel equipped to tackle any challenge ahead.
“The value of this is worth well beyond the cost. What you take away from this is not only going to benefit the company, but also the employees. It’s well worth the time and effort spent. We’ll highly encourage more employees and colleagues to come and take this course.”Christian Oyola
Senior Operations Consultant
Who Will Benefit
- Individual contributors
- Mid-level managers
- Project managers
- Leaders who want to implement change in their organizations
- Executives who may be overseeing improvement projects
- Apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Analyze data to identify root causes
- Implement a solution and control plan to ensure the improved process is carried out consistently
- Learn to apply key elements of design thinking, change management, and project management to address select organizational challenges or opportunities
Green Belt Certification Options
Participants earn a widely recognized Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification from the University of Georgia and will have the opportunity to complete interactive exercises gaining direct insights from other professionals and UGA expert instructors during the live meetings. The program will also provide Design Thinking, Change Leadership, and Project Management concepts. Participants will not only learn about numerous Lean Six Sigma tools, but they will also have the opportunity to apply the most important tools to current projects, driving immediate results within their organizations.
- Five weeks of instructor-led videos and materials, exercises, and an exam
- Live meetings each Tuesday from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST
- Sessions recorded for your convenience
- Sit for your Green Belt certification exam during the course
In Person and Live Virtual Course
- Three full-day sessions held at the Terry Executive Education Center in the heart of Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood
- Join together with leaders, fellow supervisors, and mid-level managers for a highly-interactive learning experience
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, parking, and materials included with registration
- On the final day, sit for your Green Belt certification exam