Note Please see your academic advisor for placement of Terry coursework within your program of study.
ACCT 1160 Survey of Accounting
- Understand basic financial statement reports, concepts and principles
- Understand basic managerial accounting systems, concepts, and principles
- Recognize accounting’s critical role in today’s economic environment
ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics
- Discover how choices affect national and global economies
- Understand economy-wide problems such as inflation and unemployment
- Study the consequences of government involvement in the economy
ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics
- Discuss choices made by people and firms in response to constraints and incentives
- Learn how scarce resources and price affect individual, firm, and market behavior
ECON 4000 The Economics of Human Resources (Fall only)
- Identify the costs and benefits managers should consider when deciding to hire, train, promote or terminate employees
- Analyze workers’ decisions to invest in human capital
- Identify the factors firms should consider in determining organizational structure and compensation schemes
FINA 4050 Capitalism
- Introduction to the economic concept of capitalism
- Study capitalism and other alternative societal mechanisms for resource allocation, including socialism and a mixed economy
- Readings of both critical and supportive of capitalism as an economic system, including moral, efficiency, and ethical views
MBUS 1100 Introduction to the Music Business
- Obtain the skills necessary to begin and maintain a career in the music industry
- Know the fundamental concepts of business practices in the music industry
- Learn practical applications of classroom knowledge to the music business environment
MBUS 3000 Fundamental Concepts in Music Business
- Gain the business fundamentals you need to navigate the music industry
- Learn how business concepts apply to the various fields in the music industry
- Understand fundamental approaches to business issues
REAL 4000 Real Estate
- Learn and apply basic business principles including finance, economics, and law
- Examine the role of real estate within the economy and its importance to firms and individuals
Risk Management + Insurance
RMIN 4000 Risk Management and Insurance
- Know how to identify and evaluate risk management principles critical to any business professional
- Recognize risk management’s important role in the growing concern over catastrophe and financial risks
- Explore career opportunities in the field of risk management and insurance
Actuaries are in high demand. This program gives students the economic, financial, and mathematical skills necessary to succeed in the profession.
This certificate program prepares you for the complex legal environment of business and helps to gauge your interest in pursuing law school.
For the serious self-starter, there is absolutely no better place than the University of Georgia. The UGA Entrepreneurship Program, housed in the Terry College of Business, provides a unique and comprehensive academic program that encompasses experiential learning and equips students with the tools and resources to pursue their own start-up venture.
This certificate program provides the skills needed to start a small business, gain employment with a start-up company, or become a social entrepreneur in the public or non-profit sector. You must be enrolled in the Terry College or the College of Family & Consumer Sciences to apply.
With a focus on leadership development courses, this year-long certificate program offers student of all majors the chance to add valuable leadership expertise to their résumé.
The Music Business Program is geared towards those aspiring to be leaders in the music industry. Students get the chance to learn from key industry experts, such as artists and managers, while gaining hands-on experience from coordinating and marketing events, producing content, managing artists, and operating labels.
Through a series of diversity lectures, this certificate equips students with better cross-cultural understanding for their work environment and gives them a competitive advantage in the job search.