Note Please see your academic advisor for placement of Terry coursework within your program of study.
ACCT 1160 Survey of Accounting
- Understand basic financial statement reports, concepts and principles
- Understand basic managerial accounting systems, concepts, and principles
- Recognize accounting’s critical role in today’s economic environment
ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics
- Discover how choices affect national and global economies
- Understand economy-wide problems such as inflation and unemployment
- Study the consequences of government involvement in the economy
ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics
- Discuss choices made by people and firms in response to constraints and incentives
- Learn how scarce resources and price affect individual, firm, and market behavior
ECON 4000 The Economics of Human Resources (Fall only)
- Identify the costs and benefits managers should consider when deciding to hire, train, promote or terminate employees
- Analyze workers’ decisions to invest in human capital
- Identify the factors firms should consider in determining organizational structure and compensation schemes
FINA 4050 Capitalism
- Introduction to the economic concept of capitalism
- Study capitalism and other alternative societal mechanisms for resource allocation, including socialism and a mixed economy
- Readings of both critical and supportive of capitalism as an economic system, including moral, efficiency, and ethical views
MBUS 1100 Introduction to the Music Business
- Obtain the skills necessary to begin and maintain a career in the music industry
- Know the fundamental concepts of business practices in the music industry
- Learn practical applications of classroom knowledge to the music business environment
MBUS 3000 Fundamental Concepts in Music Business
- Gain the business fundamentals you need to navigate the music industry
- Learn how business concepts apply to the various fields in the music industry
- Understand fundamental approaches to business issues
REAL 4000 Real Estate
- Learn and apply basic business principles including finance, economics, and law
- Examine the role of real estate within the economy and its importance to firms and individuals
Risk Management + Insurance
RMIN 4000 Risk Management and Insurance
- Know how to identify and evaluate risk management principles critical to any business professional
- Recognize risk management’s important role in the growing concern over catastrophe and financial risks
- Explore career opportunities in the field of risk management and insurance
Actuaries are in high demand. This program gives students the economic, financial, and mathematical skills necessary to succeed in the profession.
This certificate program prepares you for the complex legal environment of business and helps to gauge your interest in pursuing law school.
The year-long Leadership Fellows program, open to any major, provides leadership development through innovative courses and challenging service-learning opportunities. Participants in the program will earn the Certificate in Personal and Organizational Leadership.
The Music Business Program is geared towards those aspiring to be leaders in the music industry. Students get the chance to learn from key industry experts, such as artists and managers, while gaining hands-on experience from coordinating and marketing events, producing content, managing artists, and operating labels.
The UGA Entrepreneurship Certificate Program prepares students to become successful and dynamic entrepreneurs in private, public and non-profit sectors. It is also an invaluable learning opportunity for those interested in working for a startup or non-profit, or pursuing investment banking and angel funding.
The certificate is open to UGA undergraduate students from any major and provides an in-depth look at what it takes to develop an idea into a successful venture including how to build an effective team and secure funding.
Through a series of diversity lectures, this certificate equips students with better cross-cultural understanding for their work environment and gives them a competitive advantage in the job search.