What is considered in your AB Economics admissions decision?
Grades in the following courses
- ECON 2105 and/or ECON 2106
- If one of these courses is in progress, applicants will be evaluated based on their grade in the completed course.
- MATH 1113
- BUSN 3000 (if completed)
- Other ECON Courses: Grades in other ECON courses can be considered, but are not required, for admission to the major.
- ACT/SAT: Applicants are required to submit ACT or SAT scores and sub-scores to the University before being considered for admission to a major in the Terry College.
- E-Proficiency Profile: The E-Proficiency Profile (EPP; formerly ETS) is a standardized, multiple-choice assessment of the academic skills developed in General Education Areas I-IV of the core curriculum (reading, writing, critical thinking and mathematics).
- Applicants who have not taken the ACT or SAT must take the EPP to be eligible to apply to a Terry major.
- In addition to required ACT/SAT scores, applicants may also submit an EPP score if they believe their ACT/SAT scores do not represent their current performance level.
- Applicants can take the EPP a maximum of three times while a UGA student. Scores from all EPP attempts will be reported directly to the Terry College from UGA Testing Services, and the highest EPP score will be considered in a student’s application.
- The E-Proficiency Profile is administered by UGA Testing Services; students can register online to take this exam at testing.uga.edu. A list of sample EPP questions is available here.
Statement of Purpose
This is a brief essay (300-400 words) in which the applicant describes their interest in the major and future goals.
What’s NOT considered in your AB Economics admissions decision?
- UGA/Cumulative GPA
- Overall GPA
- Eligibility for HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarships
- Grades in additional courses other than the ones listed above
- Where courses were taken
- Letters of recommendation
Terry Direct for Honors Students
UGA students in good standing with the Morehead Honors College who meet all eligibility requirements and apply to a Terry College of Business major are guaranteed their first choice of a first (primary) major. This guarantee does not apply to second, double or co-majors. Note that a condition for being in “good standing” with the Honors College includes completing at least one semester of coursework at UGA and earning a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.40.