The career management team works with Professional MBA students to support your career growth throughout the program. Whether you are an Accelerator (planning to continue in the same industry and type of work), a Switcher (looking to change the type of work you do), or an Explorer (considering whether you want to Accelerate or Switch), we can help set you on a path to advancement and further success.
We provide direct access to tools that enhance your hiring value:
- CliftonStrengths training to help you develop your talents, articulate your value, and build high-functioning teams at work and at school
- Professional MBA workshops to help you refine your résumé, LinkedIn, and soft skills; examine your potential and risks from a corporate perspective; develop a strategic career plan; utilize your network; interview smarter; and more
- Self-paced online courses on leveraging LinkedIn, developing case interview skills, Excel and PowerPoint for consulting
- AI-based tools for honing your résumé, LinkedIn, and cover letter writing
- Ad hoc workshops on strengths, LinkedIn, networking, and other job search topics as needed
We also connect you with professionals, mentors, and instructors to deepen and personalize your learning experience:
- Insights from alumni and corporate representatives in company site visits and panel discussions, whether virtual or in person
- Access to a mentor through the UGA mentoring program
- Individual coaching to work on establishing and honing a job switch or internal career acceleration plan; résumé and story crafting; leveraging LinkedIn; interviewing and negotiating; networking; and more
In addition, our team can share assessments for determining your career fit and provide individualized recommendations to help you get to where you want to be.
Take it to the next level
During your time in the Professional MBA program, you'll not only gain the tools and resources to take your career further but make the necessary connections, too.