The career management team works with Professional MBA students to support your career growth throughout the program. Whether you are an Accelerator (planning to continue in the same industry and type of work), a Switcher (looking to change the type of work you do), or an Explorer (considering whether you want to Accelerate or Switch), we can help set you on a path to advancement and further success.
We provide direct access to tools that enhance your hiring value:
- CliftonStrengths training to help you develop your talents, articulate your value, and build high-functioning teams at work and at school
- Career education modules with best practices and tools for the essential elements of the job search: career goals; resumes; LinkedIn; networking; and interviewing
- Self-paced tools for developing case interview skills, Excel and PowerPoint for consulting
- AI-based tools for mock interview practice, as well as for honing your résumé, and LinkedIn
- Job postings from corporate partners and alumni who are specifically interested in recruiting working professional MBAs
We also connect you with professionals, mentors, and instructors to deepen and personalize your learning experience:
- Expand your Network - Learn key insights from alumni and corporate representatives
- Find a Mentor - Find a mentor(s) or host informational interviews with alumni through the UGA mentoring program and/or TerryConnect
- 1-on-1 Career Coaching - Schedule an individual coaching session to work on establishing and honing a job switch or internal career acceleration plan; résumé and story crafting; leveraging LinkedIn; interviewing and negotiating; networking; and more
- National Recruiting Fairs - Terry encourages students to attend leading career fairs, including those hosted by Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders, Reaching Out MBA, MBA Veterans, and Prospanica. Additionally, we offer support and guidance at the largest MBA career fair, the National Black MBA Conference and Career Expo.
- Lifelong Career Services - Alumni continue to benefit from MBA Career Management Center services long after graduation.
In addition, our team can share assessments for determining your career fit and provide individualized recommendations to help you get to where you want to be.
Take it to the next level
During your time in the Professional MBA program, you'll not only gain the tools and resources to take your career further but make the necessary connections, too.