The Double Dawg BBA/MAcc Program is an opportunity for non-accounting majors at the UGA Terry College of Business. If you are an accounting major, please refer to the 5-Year BBA/MAcc program.
Step 1: Interested in the BBA/MAcc Double Dawg Program?
Step 2: To be eligible to proceed from your BBA program directly into the MAcc program, you will use your Terry Electives (12 hours) or other electives to complete the following four ACCT courses:
- ACCT 5000 (Intermediate I)
- ACCT 5010 (Intermediate II)
- ACCT 5310 (Accounting Information Systems and Data Analytics)
- ACCT 5400 (Tax I)
If you do not have sufficient elective hours to complete these four courses for credit towards your BBA, then you must complete the hours in addition to the requirements for your BBA. One or more of these courses may show as "in progress" on your transcript at the time you submit your application for the MAcc program. This may or may not cause your admissions decision to be delayed until the end of the semester you apply.
Step 3: The four pre-requisite courses listed above must be completed prior to beginning MAcc coursework if you are admitted to the program. Double Dawg applicants are only eligible to apply for the Advisory track. You will be required to complete the following courses to receive your MAcc degree:
Required Accounting Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 7020 Intermediate III
- ACCT 7200 Audit I
- ACCT 7410 Taxation II
- ACCT 7605 Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 7630 Accounting Data, Risk & Control
- ACCT 7655 Accounting Analytics
Accounting Electives (3 hours)
- ACCT 7600 Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 7620 Audit II
- ACCT 7660 Ethics
- ACCT 7651 Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examinations
- ACCT 7700 Accounting Policy & Research
- ACCT 7800 Internship for credit (any semester, excluding last semester)
Advisory Electives (9 hours)
- Students will choose an area of focus and take 9 credit hours in that one area
NOTE: You will have sufficient credit hours upon completion of the BBA/MAcc to sit for the CPA exam.
Step 4: Graduate with your BBA/MAcc!