Graduate School Application
You must apply via the UGA Graduate School in order to be considered for admission. Final decisions will be issued by letter from the UGA Graduate School. Applicants with undergraduate accounting degrees from AACSB member schools are preferred.
Use this checklist to ensure that you complete the listed required application components: MAcc Application Checklist
- 1 unofficial transcript from institutions you’ve attended UGA students and alumni are exempt as their records are on file.If accepted, you must submit an official transcript to the Graduate School before enrolling in courses.
- GMAT scores
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 from Accounting faculty and 1 additional) Letters should be from individuals who have knowledge of your academic and/or professional capability—at least 2 letters must be from accounting faculty. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
- Résumé (1 page)
- Statement of Purpose (1 page)
Single or double spaced, entitled “Why do you want to pursue a MAcc degree?”
Additional Documents for International Applicants
- 1 proof of degree
- TOEFL or IELTS scores There is a suggested minimum of a 105 TOEFL and 7.5 IELTS.
- Certificate of Finances form only required from admitted students.
You must submit a one-time application fee via credit card online in order to complete your application — $75 for domestic applicants, $100 for international applicants.
|Term of Enrollment||Tuition Assistance Deadline||Deadline for General Admission|
|Summer||January 15||February 15|
|Fall||January 15||February 15|
|Spring||September 15||October 15|
Applications are considered for Fall and Spring semesters. Summer admission is limited to applicants who wish to earn course credit for a summer internship. If admitted, you will enroll in a 3-hour course and will be required to pay summer tuition. Your summer internship must be 8 weeks or longer, working 40 hours per week.
Applications completed after the deadline will only be considered if space is allowed.