Graduate School Application
You must apply via the UGA Graduate School in order to be considered for admission. Final decisions will be issued by letter from the UGA Graduate School. Applicants with undergraduate accounting degrees from AACSB member schools are preferred.
Use this checklist to ensure that you complete the listed required application components: MAcc Application Checklist
- 1 unofficial transcript from institutions you’ve attended UGA students should download a PDF of their unofficial transcript from Athena.If accepted, you must submit an official transcript to the Graduate School before enrolling in courses.
- GMAT scores | Do you qualify for waiving the GMAT exam?
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 from Accounting faculty and 1 additional) Letters should be from individuals who have knowledge of your academic and/or professional capability—at least 2 letters must be from accounting faculty. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
- Résumé (1 page)
- Statement of Purpose (1 page)
Single or double spaced, entitled “Why do you want to pursue a MAcc degree?”
- Tull information sheet You will be required to complete and upload this document with your online MAcc application.
Additional Documents for International Applicants
- 1 proof of degree
- TOEFL or IELTS scores There is a suggested minimum of a 105 TOEFL and 7.5 IELTS.
- Certificate of Finances form only required from admitted students.
You must submit a one-time application fee via credit card online in order to complete your application — $75 for domestic applicants, $100 for international applicants.
Newly Admitted Student Requirements
- If admitted, you will be required to pay a non-refundable seat deposit in the amount of $200 to reserve your seat in the class. This deposit must be submitted with your intent to enroll when offered admission.
- Orientation is required for all newly admitted students. The date for orientation will be sent with your notice of admission.
- Any request to change program start term must be initiated through the department by contacting Elizabeth Lutz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Change requests must be submitted via email no later than March 15. The Admissions Committee will not approve late requests.
|Term of Enrollment||Tuition Assistance Deadline||Deadline for General Admission|
|Summer||January 15||February 15|
|Fall||January 15||February 15|
|Spring||September 15||October 15|
Applications are considered for Fall and Spring semesters. Summer admission is limited to applicants who wish to earn course credit for a summer internship. If admitted, you will enroll in a 3-hour course and will be required to pay summer tuition. Your summer internship must be 8 weeks or longer, working 40 hours per week.
Applications completed after the deadline will only be considered if space is allowed.