Semester-long programs give you greater immersive experiences to fortify the global competencies that employers want. Exchange programs give you special access to study business, language, and culture in some of the top institutions and cities around the world.
Earn Credit Toward Your BBA
Exchange programs allow you to complete full-time coursework including major and elective courses. Popular exchange programs for business majors (taught in English) include:
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, AUSTRIA
- University of Sydney, AUSTRALIA
- University of Chile, CHILE
- Peking University, CHINA
- University of Hong Kong, CHINA
- Tsinghua University, CHINA
- Maastricht University, NETHERLANDS
- University of Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
- Stellenbosch University, SOUTH AFRICA
- Sogang University, SOUTH KOREA
- Yonsei University, SOUTH KOREA
- University of Zurich, SWITZERLAND
- National Taiwan University, TAIWAN
- Lancaster University, UNITED KINGDOM
- University of Liverpool, UNITED KINGDOM
- University of Reading, UNITED KINGDOM
All non-UGA courses should be pre-approved for transfer credit. Students complete a Transfer Credit Approval Form when applying to an exchange program. The International Business Programs office in the Terry College facilitates the course review process. Note: UGA & the Terry College have residency requirements that limit how much transfer credit counts toward the BBA (see UGA Bulletin).
Students are encouraged to engage with the local language and culture through coursework, campus activities, field trips, and personal travel while abroad. Most programs offer credit and/or non-credit bearing cultural enrichment options.
Students enrolling in a UGA Exchange Program pay a program fee equal to GA Resident tuition and fees. Scholarships and financial aid, including HOPE Scholarship, apply to the program fee. The costs of room and board, local transportation, books and supplies, airfare, passport/visa, entertainment and miscellaneous travel vary depending upon the destination, dates, and foreign exchange rates.
Eligibility & Application
Most exchange programs are open to UGA students in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Additionally, you should be self-motivated, intellectually curious, flexible, resourceful, and outgoing. Students should be mindful of UGA and Terry College residency requirements for graduation (see Bulletin).
Application & Deadlines
Fall/Academic Year Abroad Deadline to Apply: Feb. 1
Spring Deadline to Apply: Sept. 15