The dean has approved merit- and need-based financial awards to support undergraduate business majors in Terry study abroad and exchange programs for the current academic year.
The purpose of the funding is to make study abroad accessible to more students by defraying the cost of program fees associated with travel and room and board. Applications received by the deadline are considered by a selection committee, and awardees are announced in the fall.
Passport Terry Scholarship Program
The Terry College of Business Passport Terry study abroad scholarship program was created to increase and diversify student participation in study away and internships abroad. This program includes multiple funds. Most support student financial need, while others recognize and support student academic merit. Full-time, BBA degree-seeking Terry students are eligible pending admission to a Terry faculty-led program.
The Passport Terry scholarship program application is valid for several study away scholarships offered by Terry College supporters to the UGA Foundation.
- Susan Boyd Study Abroad Scholarship
- Joe Browne Passport Terry Endowment
- Lisa Sarajian Study Abroad Scholarship
- Shuman Family Shareholders Fund
- Bobby Friedmann Passport Terry Scholarship
- Jere W. Morehead & Phyllis Leffler Estate Fund
- Terry Excellence Fund
- Parents Leadership Council Fund
Eligibility for Undergraduate Students
- Admitted to Terry as a full-time, BBA degree-seeking student
- Good academic standing with at least 2.75 institutional GPA
- Complete the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA)
For more information on eligibility and to apply online, visit UGA StudyAway.
Deadlines for 2023-2024
- October 21 Deadline for scholarship consideration for Spring Break programs and Early Acceptance for Maymester/Summer
- March 3rd Deadline for scholarship consideration for Maymester/Summer
- June 15th Deadline for scholarship consideration for Winter Break programs.
NEW FOR 2023! All Terry undergraduate students who have completed their application to a Terry College study away program prior to the scholarship deadline will be automatically considered for a Passport Terry Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required for Passport Terry.