Education and Career
PhD, Marketing, Texas A&M University, 1994
- Indian School of Business, Visiting Professor, 2016 to 2017
- Emory University - Goizueta Business School, Professor of Marketing, 1993 to 2011
- Wharton, U. of Pennsylvania, Visiting Professor, 2009 to 2010
- Singapore Management University, Visiting Associate Professor, 2005 to 2006
- Sheth Foundation Award for Best Article Published in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science in 2020
Research Fellow, Institute for the Study of Business Markets
Hugh O. Nourse Outstanding MBA Teacher Award in 2020
Best Paper in Track: Marketing Strategy and Implementation, AMA Winter Educators Conference, 2020
ISBM/Wilson Award Long Term Impact on B2B Research Best Paper Award, 2018.
- Sheth Long Term Impact Journal of Marketing Award, American Marketing Association, 2017
- Best Brand Track Paper, American Marketing Association, 2016
- Best Paper Award, Research in Marketing, 2011
- Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Award, Texas A&M University, 2010
- Best Paper Runner Up, Information Systems Research, 2008
- University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, Phd. Program Coordinator—Marketing, 2011 – 2015, University
- University of Georgia, None, 2017 – 2015, University
- University of Georgia, University Council, 2015 – 2016, University
Research, Expertise and Publications
- Marketing Strategy, Performance and Metrics
- Customer Management
- Marketing-Finance Interface
- Branding and Brand Management & Strategy
- Nita Umashankar, Cem Bahadir, Sundar Bharadwaj, “Despite Efficiencies, M&As Reduce Firm Value by Hurting Customer Satisfaction,” Forthcoming at the Journal of Marketing.
- Omar Rodriguez Vila, Jeff Parker, Ryan Hamilton, Sundar Bharadwaj and Iman Paul, “ How Product Type and Organic-Label Structure Combine to Influence the Consumers’ Evaluations of Organic Foods,” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, 40 (3), 419-28.
- Omar Rodriguez Vila, Sundar Bharadwaj, Neil Morgan and Shubu Mitra (2020),”Is your Marketing Organization Ready for What Next for Marketing,” Harvard Business Review, November-December, 105-113.
- S. Arunachalam, Cem Bahadir, Sundar Bharadwaj and Rodrigo Guesalaga (2020), “New Product Introductions for Low Income Consumers in Emerging Markets,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 48(5).
- Omar Rodriguez Vila and Sundar Bharadwaj. 2017. Competing on Social Purpose. Harvard Business Review, (September-October):94-101.
- Stefan Worm, Sundar Bharadwaj, Wolfgang Ulaga and Wener Reinartz. WHEN AND WHY DO CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS PAY OFF IN BUSINESS MARKETS?. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, 45(4):490-512.
- Sundar Bharadwaj and Debanjan Mitra. Satisfaction (Mis)pricing Revisited: Real? Really Big?. American Marketing Association,80(September):116-121.
- Sundar Bharadwaj. 2015. Developing new marketing strategy theory: addressing the limitations of a singular focus on firm financial performance. Ams Review.
- Omar Rodriguez Vila, Sundar Bharadwaj and Cem Bahadir. 2015.Exploration- and Exploitation-Oriented Marketing Strategies and Sales Growth in Emerging Markets. Springer Press.
- Rajdeep Grewal & Gary L. Lilien & Sundar Bharadwaj & Pranav Jindal & Ujwal Kayande & Robert F. Lusch & Murali Mantrala & Robert W. Palmatier & Aric Rindfleisch & Lisa K. Scheer & Robert Spekman & Shrihari Sridhar. 2015. Business-to-Business Buying: Challenges and Opportunities. Springer Press.
- Cem Bahadir, Sundar Bharadwaj and Raj Srivastava. Marketing Mix and Brand Sales in Global Markets: Examining the Contingent Role of Country-Market Characteristics . Journal Of International Business Studies, forthcoming 2015.
- Stefan Sleep, Sundar Bharadwaj and Son Lam. 2014. Walking a Tightrope: The Joint Impact of Customer and Within-Firm Boundary Spanning Activities on Customer Satisfaction and Team Performance. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science :1-18.
- Guiyang Xiong and Sundar Bharadwaj. 2014. Pre-Release Buzz Evolution Patterns and New Product Performance. Marketing Science, 33 (3):401-21.
- Guiyang Xiong and Sundar Bharadwaj. 2013. Asymmetric Roles of Advertising and Marketing Capability in Financial Returns to News: Turning Bad to Good and Good to Great . Journal Of Marketing Research, 50 (December):706-724.
- Sundar Bharadwaj, Kapil Tuli and Andre Bonfrer. 2011. Brand Quality and Shareholder Wealth. Journal Of Marketing.
- Guiyang Xiong and Sundar Bharadwaj. 2011. Social Capital of Young Technology Firms and Their IPO Values: The Complementary Role of Relevant Absorptive Capacity. Journal Of Marketing.
- Kapil Tuli, Sundar Bharadwaj and Ajay Kohli. 2010. Ties That Bind: The Impact of Multiple Types of Ties with a Customer on Sales Growth and Sales Volatility. Journal Of Marketing Research.
- Omar Rodriguez Vila and Sundar Bharadwaj. Engaging for Good: Drivers of Social Media Engagement with Prosocial Messages. Working Paper.