The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a one-year interdisciplinary program to help you develop technical expertise in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting big data in a business context. For international students, the program’s STEM-certification provides eligibility for a three-year U.S. work permit upon graduation.
The MSBA program involves two semesters of study (33 total credit hours). During the program, you will develop expertise in the collection, storage, analysis, interpretation, and visualization of data, as well as learn the predominant programming languages in the field, namely SQL, R, and Python. Efficient processing of large quantities of data via platforms like Hadoop and SAS will be included. Business courses in analytics, marketing, economics, and strategy will provide you with frameworks to turn data analyses into business insights. You will also develop leadership, project management, and teamwork skills; as part of the Capstone Project, you will work in teams on real-world big data problems with a corporate partner and present project results to executive clients.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
MIST 6360 Introduction to Business Analytics (1.5 credit hours)
BUSN 7900 Tools for Career Effectiveness (1.5 credit hours)
- Proficiency in college-level introductory statistics and calculus
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
Preferred Admission Prerequisites
- Knowledge of computer programming with at least one high-level language (e.g., R, Python, SQL, C, Java)
- At least one previous corporate internship
A complete application includes:
- 1-page Resume
- Letters of Recommendation: 1 required, 1 optional; it is preferred that one letter be from an internship supervisor
- Unofficial transcripts
- Unofficial GMAT and/or GRE score report(s): (Qualified UGA applicants who have both 1) active student status and 2) a GPA of 3.8 or higher may request a GMAT or GRE waiver)
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS (only required for non-native English speakers)
- Essay(s): 1 required, 1 optional
- $75 application fee for domestic students, $100 application for international students (waived for U.S. military personnel)
Round 1: March 1*
Round 2: April 1
Round 3: May 15**
*Applicants submitting a complete application prior to March 1 will receive an application fee waiver.
**Round 3 deadline for international applicants is May 1. Applications from U.S. nationals received after May 15 will continue to be considered until the class is filled.
Tuition and fees
For the 2018-2019 academic year, the tuition and fees are:
Are you an employer looking to connect to the MSBA talent pool? Please contact Andrew Salinas for any questions about recruiting MSBA students, sponsoring an MSBA capstone project, leading professional development workshops or seminars, or any other sponsorship opportunities.
The MSBA program is only offered at our Athens campus. No evening or online MSBA courses are offered.