Holley W. Schramski, CPA, is a Lecturer in the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. Holley began teaching Accounting Information Systems part-time for the J.M. Tull School of Accounting in 2016. Since 1993, she has served in various accounting and administrative roles at the University of Georgia (UGA) including: Bursar, Controller, Interim Senior Associate Vice President for Finance & Administration and Budget Director, and Associate Vice President for Finance. Prior to coming to the University in 1993, she worked for Arthur Andersen & Company in Cincinnati, Ohio. In August 2020, she transitioned from her university administrative responsibilities and began teaching undergraduate and graduate Accounting Information Systems courses full-time.
From 2016 to 2019, Holley worked on the university’s OneSource project; a multi-year business process transformation to implement an ERP solution for Finance, Budgets and HR/Payroll and the installation of the university’s data warehouse. These new platforms replaced the university’s 30+ year old mainframe applications and introduced robust reporting and analysis solutions. She served as the project’s finance lead from 2016 to 2017 and project director from June 2017 to June 2019 directing over 150 staff, volunteers, and external consultants to complete the project. Prior to the OneSource project, she served on the leadership team that oversaw UGA’s transition from legacy student information systems to the Banner platform. During her administrative tenure she also directed the implementation of other student and financial systems including systems for the Direct Student Loan Program, student loan collections, and the university’s first student accounts platform.
In 2014, Holley launched the Business Services Advisory Group comprised of the University’s business officers and human resource professionals who are focused on implementing business process improvements and more efficient administrative practices. In addition, Holley regularly serves as a Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) evaluator representing UGA on off-site and on-site accreditation and reaffirmation committees. In 2019, she led the Finance team to introduce robotics process automation solutions to back office operations. Since August 2020, she has provided advisory services to UGA Finance & Administration units and other UGA groups on projects such as data strategy, business process improvement, systems implementation and readiness, and organizational leadership and succession planning.
In addition to her CPA certification, she has also earned the AICPA/CIMA Finance Transformation: Managing Disruption Certificate (2021), Prosci ADKAR Change Management certification (2016) and she completed both the Next Generation Business Officer’s Institute (2009) and the College Business Management Institute (2007) which are offered through the Southern Association of College and University Business Officers. Holley also serves as a Mentor in the UGA Staff Mentor Program which launched in fall 2021.
Education and Career
- MAcc, Audit Emphasis, University of Florida, 1989
- BS, Accounting, University of Florida, 1988
- University of Georgia, Associate Vice President - Finance Division, 2015 to 2020
- University of Georgia, OneSource Project Director, 2017 to 2019
- University of Georgia, Interim Sr. Associate Vice President & Budget Director, 2013 to 2015
- University of Georgia, Associate Vice President & Controller, 2004 to 2015
- University of Georgia, Bursar, 1999 to 2004
- University of Georgia, Student Accounts Manager, 1994 to 1999
- University of Georgia, Accountant, 1993 to 1994
- Arthur Andersen & Company, Sr. Staff Accountant, 1990 to 1993
- 2014 Best Practices - Southern Association of College and University Business Officers - Timothy M., B. Rivers and H. Schramski. 2014. “Passwords are No Longer Sufficient.” Southern Association of College and University Business Officers Spring Meeting, San Antonio, Texas. April.
- 2004 UGA Student Affairs Collaborative Teamwork Award
- Member, Systems & Analytics Curriculum Committee, J.M. Tull School of Accounting, UGA, 2021 - Present
- Member, Scholarship Committee, J.M. Tull School of Accounting, UGA, 2021 - Present
- Member, Diversity Committee, J.M. Tull School of Accounting, UGA, 2021 - Present
- Evaluator, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 2009-2021
- Member, University of Georgia Narrative Review Team for University of Georgia 2022 SACSCOC reaffirmation
- Member, University of Georgia ConnectUGA Leadership Team for Banner Student System, 2011- 2020
- Member, University of Georgia OneSource Leadership Team for PeopleSoft Finance and Human Capital Management Administrative Systems, 2012-2020
- Chair, University of Georgia Administrative System Advisory Committee, July 2019 – 2020 and September 2008-December 2015
- Member, 2010-2020 University of Georgia Strategic Planning Committee
- Member, 2008-2011 University of Georgia Diversity Advisory Council
- Member, University of Georgia “Reinventing Space Management” Task Force, 2014
- Member, University of Georgia Grievance Committee, May 2004 – December 2007
- Secretary, Regents Advisory Committee on Accounts Receivable (RACAR), 2003-2004
- Board of Directors, Northeast Georgia United Way, July 2013 – December 2017
- Board of Directors, Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens, 2011- 2016
- Secretary, 2011
- Vice President, 2012 and 2014
- Secretary, 2013