Marty Parker’s motto is that he “helps students and companies grow and succeed.” Marty Parker is a highly experienced Supply Chain Executive and UGA Lecturer. With over 25 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Strategic Planning, International Expansion, and M&A, he has worked with numerous individuals and tools. He has extensive knowledge of ERP, CRM, and process improvements and is familiar with SAP, Salesforce, and Arena Simulations.
Marty works closely with students and founded UGA’s first Supply Chain Advisory Board. In addition, he leverages his industry connections to benefit board members, student members, and UGA’s Supply Chain Area of Emphasis by improving course content.
In 2020, Marty was awarded the 2020 Seawell Faculty Recognition Award. The following year he was awarded the 2021 Terry College of Business Outstanding Teaching Award.
Marty also teaches Executive Education courses through the Terry College of Business. His courses include Supply Chain Strategy, Service, and Operational Excellence.
As a Partner at TechCXO, Marty serves as a consultant and interim/fractional COO, CMO, or CSO for companies with unsteady or complicated operations and processes in the areas of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Process Improvement.
Marty is a Supply Chain Influencer on social media, tapping into his vast Supply Chain network and knowledge to help companies find new customers and markets and to help his students find internships and jobs.
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1987
- MBA, Management, University of Georgia, 2006
- Strategic management (in supply chain)
- Process improvement
Prior Professional Positions
- Lecturer | | Strategy Expert in Supply Chain | Interim CEO, COO or CSO | Consultant | Expert Witness Consultant | TechCXO, University of Georgia | Atlanta, GA, 2017-present
- VP, Marketing, Sto Corp. | Atlanta, GA, 2015-2016
- VP, Operations, Sto Corp. | Atlanta, GA, 1999-2015
- Manager, Engineering and Quality Assurance, Sto Corp. | Atlanta, GA, 1996-1999
- Process & Chief Engineer, Sto Corp. | Atlanta, GA, 1993-1996
- Research and Development Engineer, Philip Morris | Richmond, VA, 1990-1993
- Process Engineer, Philip Morris | Richmond, VA, 1989-1990
- Associate Design Engineer, Philip Morris | Richmond, VA, 1987-1989