I am an Associate Professor and Department Head of the Department of MIS at the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business. I received a Ph.D. degree in Computer Information Systems from Georgia State University, a Diplôme d’Enseignement Supérieur Spécialisé from l’École Supérieure des Affaires de Grenoble (France), and an M.B.A. from l’Université Laval in Québec (Canada).
My earlier research focused on the organizational change induced by information technologies and information systems, such as integrated software packages and open source software. More recently, I have been interested in investigating the relationship between information systems on organizational culture and identity, and I’ve also researched how information systems can play a role in support of environmental sustainability (Green IS / Energy Informatics).
I have authored articles published in many journals, such as Organization Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, The Academy of Management Executive, Information Technology & People, Journal of the AIS, and many conference proceedings.
My teaching interests include the design and management of databases, R, business process management, and qualitative research.
- PhD, Business / Computer Information Systems, Georgia State University, 2001
- MBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1995
- DESS, Management Information Systems, Ecole Superieure des Affaires (Grenoble, France), 1994
- BBA, Management Information Systems, Laval University (Quebec, Canada), 1993
- My research focuses on the role played by information systems and technologies to support environmental and social sustainability.
- I am also interested in organizational change at large, with a special emphasis on how personal or group identity is affected by workplace digitization.
- Energy informatics, green IS
- Organizational Change
- Identity in the workplace
- Cardoso, A., Boudreau, M.-C., and Carvalho, J., “Organizing Collective Action: Does Information and Communication Technology Matter”,” Information and Organization, 29(3), 2019.
- Watson, R. T., Dawson, G. S., Boudreau, M.-C., Li, Y., Zhang, H., Huang, W. W., and Al-Jabri, I. “Constraining Opportunism in Information Systems Consulting: A Three Nation Examination,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 20(7), 2019.
- Watson, R. T., Boudreau, M.-C., and van Iersel, M. W. “Simulation of Greenhouse Energy Use: An Application of Energy Informatics,” Energy Informatics, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2018.
- Seidel, S., Bharati, P., Fridgen, G., Watson, R. T., Albizri, A., Boudreau, M.-C., Butler, T.; Kruse, L. C., Guzman, I., Karsten, H., Lee, H., Melville, N., Rush, D., Toland, J., and Watts, S. “The Sustainability Imperative in Information Systems Research,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 40, Article 3, 2017.
- Boudreau, M.-C., Serrano, C., and Larson, K. IT-driven identity work: Creating a group identity in a digital environment .Information And Organization, 24(1), 2014.