2023 Application & Competition Information
APPLICATIONS FOR THE STUDENT MANAGED INVESTMENT FUND STOCK PITCH COMPETITION HAVE CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FALL 2023 FOR AN UPDATE ON THE 10TH ANNUAL STOCK PITCH COMPETITION. HIGHLIGHTS ON THIS YEAR'S EVENT ARE BELOW.
The Student Managed Investment Fund and the Terry College of Business are proud to announce our plans for the 9th annual Stock Pitch Competition. The competition will take place February 17th, 2023, with a welcome reception and panel the day before. This is an opportunity to showcase your investing skills to industry professionals and compete against students from top universities across the country. Please read the additional information below before applying.
- Teams of 2-4 undergraduates must fill out the application with their contact information and presentations (in PDF format) no later than January 13th, 2023 at 11:59PM EST.
- Selected teams will be notified by January 16th, 2023. Additional information about the schedule & logistics will be provided at that time.
- A reception will be held on campus at the Business Learning Center on February 16th, 2023. This will feature an introduction to our program and the competition, a speaker panel of industry professionals, and a prominent keynote speaker. The reception is mandatory for all SPC participants. Lodging will be provided for each team the night of February 16th.
- The competition will take place February 17th, 2023, from roughly 8:00AM to 3:00PM EST. The first round of pitches will kick off in the morning. After breaking for lunch, finalists will be announced. The top three teams will then present for a new panel of judges for a chance to win various award amounts. First place will receive $3000, second place $2000, and third place $1000.
- Pitches should be long/short recommendations on US-listed equities greater than $1B in size as measured by market capitalization.
- Recommendations should be grounded in high-quality, fundamental research.
- First round presentations should be a length of 12 minutes max, followed by roughly eight minutes of Q&A with judges.
- In the final round, the presentation time limit will be extended to 15 minutes, followed by ten minutes in Q&A.
2023 Competition Highlights
Congratulations to the 2023 Stock Pitch Competition winners!
- Washington and Lee University, awarded $2,500
- Florida State University, awarded $2,500
And a special thank you to our sponsors for making this past year’s event possible:
- LCG Associates
- Capital Investment Advisors
- CFA Society Atlanta
Participating universities included:
- University of Georgia
- Auburn University
- University of Florida
- University of Massachusetts
- Princeton University
- University of Texas-Austin
Click below for the full story:
Terry’s Student Managed Investment Fund hosts finance students from around the country for Stock Pitch Competition - Terry College of Business (uga.edu)