Out of respect for our graduating students, guests, and Convocation speakers, everyone is expected to remain for the entire ceremony. The ceremony should not exceed 2 hours. UGA Commencement is set for 7:30 p.m. to allow ample time between events.
Fall 2021 graduates and undergraduates who are eligible to complete their degrees in the spring 2022 semester or summer 2022 semester are allowed to participate in the Terry College spring undergraduate convocation ceremony. Registration for the ceremony will open on Tuesday, March 29, 2022.
In order to be listed in the printed program, candidates for degrees must remove their FERPA restrictions when applying for graduation. This requirement must be completed by students no later than Thursday, March 24, 2022 for all undergraduate students expecting to graduate in spring or summer 2022 semesters.
If you are planning to walk in the spring 2022 Terry Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony and have a disability or will need special assistance, please contact the Undergraduate Student Services Office at email@example.com.
Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the convocation. Caps and gowns may be purchased at the UGA Bookstore; call 706-542-3171 for information. Note that if you order your academic regalia from someone other than the UGA Bookstore, the UGA Bookstore will not be able to assist you with missing or replacement items.
Undergraduate degree candidates at Terry wear the “drab” color tassel, as well as an honors tassel if earned. AB Economics degree candidates wear a white tassel.
Candidates should wear their tassels over the right eye before UGA degree has been awarded (prior to UGA Commencement ceremony); over left eye if degree has already been awarded (following UGA Commencement).
Important note for graduates and guests: The ceremony will begin at 2 p.m and will last approximately two hours.
- Assembly begins at 1:30 p.m. at Stegeman Coliseum.
- Sign in at appropriate major area and pick up your photo/reader card. More details will be sent to your UGA mail.
- Leave purses, coats and other belongings with your family or friends. You will not be able to carry them onto the coliseum floor.
- No food or drink is allowed in the practice gyms.
- As you enter the Coliseum, be sure to fill the seats from front to back.
- As you are directed into your row of seats, be sure to fill all seats. You may not save seats for late graduates.
As you celebrate this exciting day, please be respectful of those around you and the fact that this is a formal convocation. Graduates are expected to remain for the entirety of the ceremony and be mindful of the speakers and other graduates. Convocation should not exceed 2 hours.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking. High-heeled shoes are discouraged, especially stiletto heels. We want you to be safe so you can enjoy the convocation.
- Choose a location ahead of time to meet your family and friends once the ceremony is complete.
Welcome to the Terry Alumni Family!
Congratulations on your accomplishments! We wish you the best of success as you begin a new, exciting chapter of your life! Please keep in touch with us at the Terry Alumni website.