Tickets are not required, but we do request graduating students limit their guests to 5. Doors to the guest seating area will open at 1:30 p.m. with the ceremony beginning promptly at 2 p.m.
Out of respect for our graduating students, guests, and Convocation speakers, everyone is expected to remain for the entire ceremony. The ceremony should not exceed 2 hours. UGA Commencement is set for 7:30 p.m. to allow ample time between the events.
In addition to viewing the ceremony in person, the undergraduate ceremony will be broadcast live on the Terry homepage.
The CLEAR BAG policy is in effect for Convocation. View bag specifications here. Please adhere to the following permitted/prohibited items:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12”x6”x12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”
- Bags that contain necessary medical items must be inspected and approved at a designated gate
- Food; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bags
- Beverages, including water, in sealed plastic bottles; items must fit inside the permitted-sized bag
- Cameras and video recorders
For the safety, security, and experience of all guests, the following items are prohibited:
- Wrapped gifts or packages wherein the contents are not visible
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Tobacco. UGA is a tobacco-free campus.
- Large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones
Parking is available in several on-campus lots within convenient walking distance of Stegeman Coliseum and the Georgia Center including the South Deck and Carlton Street Deck, which are recommended for Terry Convocation guests. Please do not park on sidewalks, landscaped areas, or on streets so as to block lanes of traffic. Improperly parked vehicles may be towed.
Parking for guests with disabilities (permit required) is available in the Hoke Smith Annex lot (S12). The lot is adjacent to Stegeman Coliseum. The main entrances to Stegeman Coliseum along Sanford Drive and Carlton Street are wheelchair accessible.
Seating for guests in wheelchairs is limited in the coliseum. Disability and companion seating is located along the top row of the lower level. We ask accompanying family members be kept to one to allow space for other guests with disabilities.
Hotel and Visitor Information
Visitor information for the University of Georgia
The UGA Hotel and Conference Center is located in the heart of campus.
Photographs, Videos, Programs + More
Professional photographs will be taken of each Terry College candidate. After the convocation, graduates may access convocation proofs and order prints from GradImages®
Video capture of the event will be available throug h the college’s graduation website 6–8 weeks after the event.
Convocation programs will be placed in the seats for each of the candidates. Each candidate will be recognized by name in the program using the official information on file with the University of Georgia Office of the Registrar.
Congratulatory flowers, Terry branded gifts, and snacks will be available for purchase inside the Coliseum.