Skip to content
- Associate Professor, John Munro Godfrey, Sr. Department of Economics
- PhD, Economics, University of Minnesota, 2008
- MS, Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- MA, Socio-Economic Systems, Institute for Research in Planning and Development, 2000
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1997
- Public Finance
- Health Economics
- Contract Theory
- Hosseini, Roozbeh, Karen A. Kopecky, and Kai Zhao. forthcoming. The Evolution of Health over the Life Cycle. Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hosseini, Roozbeh, and Ali Shourideh. 2019. Retirement Financing: An Optimal Reform Approach. Econometrica, 87(4):1205-1265.
- Hosseini, Roozbeh. 2015. Adverse Selection in the Annuity Market and the Role for Social Security. Journal Of Political Economy,123(4):941-984.
- Caliendo, Frank N. , Nick L. Guo, and Roozbeh Hosseini. 2014. Social Security is NOT a Substitute for Annuity Markets. Review Of Economic Dynamics, 17(4):739-755.
- Hosseini, Roozbeh, Larry E. Jones, and Ali Shourideh. 2013. Optimal Contracting with Dynastic Altruism: Consumption and Family Size. Journal Of Economic Theory, 148(5):1806-1840.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Macroeconomics
- Terry-Sanford Research Award, 2022-2023
- Kamerschen-Hampton Award for Outstanding Research in Economics, 2020
- Assistant Professor, Arizona State University, 2008-2016