Education and Career
- PhD, Statistics, Wharton, U. of Pennsylvania, 2012
Prior professional positions:
- Yahoo Labs, Senior Research Scientist, 2013 to 2016
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
Online advertising, digital marketing, and related ML techniques such as text and image mining.
- Smith, Rosanna K., Elham Yazdani, Pengyuan Wang, Saber Soleymani, and Lan Anh N. Ton. The Cost of Looking Natural: Why the No-Makeup Movement May Fail to Discourage Cosmetic Use. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, forthcoming.
- Pengyuan Wang, Anindita Chakravarty, and Jian Yang. Can Emotions be used as Keywords for Text-based Search Engine Advertising? Journal of Interactive Advertising, forthcoming.
- Pengyuan Wang, Guiyang Xiong, and Jian Yang (2019). Frontiers: Asymmetric Effects of Recreational Cannabis Legalization. Marketing Science, forthcoming.
- Pengyuan Wang, Guiyang Xiong, and Jian Yang (2018). Serial-Position Effects on Native-Advertising Effectiveness: Differential Results across Publisher and Advertiser Metrics. Journal of Marketing, Volume 83, Issue 2, pp. 82-97.
- Pengyuan Wang, Eric T. Bradlow, and Edward I. George. Meta-Analyses Using Information Reweighting: An Application to Online Advertising. Quantitative Marketing And Economics, 12(2).
- Elea McDonnell Feit, Pengyuan Wang, Eric Bradlow, and Peter Fader. Fusing Aggregate and Disaggregate Data with an Application to Multi-Platform Media Consumption. Journal Of Marketing Research,50(3).