Director, International Programs
International Business Programs
Education and Career
- JD, Law, University of Georgia, 2002
- MAcc, Taxation, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 1998
- BBA, Accounting, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 1997
Prior professional positions:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC - Tax Consultant, Atlanta, GA
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, Hon. Clay D. Land - Judicial Law Clerk, Columbus, GA
- Fortson, Bentley, & Griffin - Tax Attorney, Athens, GA
Awards, Honors and Recognitions:
- Terry College of Business Outstanding Teacher Award, 2021
- Terry College of Business Faculty Service Award, 2020
- Percy B. Yeargan Outstanding Graduate Teacher of the Year, 2018
Research, Expertise and Publications
- Watson, Billman, & Chapman, Federal Tax Practice and Procedure (West, 3d Edition 2022).
Peer Reviewed Academic Articles:
- Akins, Chapman, & Gordon, A Whole New World: Income Tax Considerations of the Bitcoin Economy, 12 Pittsburgh Tax Review 25 (2014).
- Chapman, Case Study: Using the Supreme Court’s Affordable Care Act Decision to Introduce Judicial Review Philosophies in a Legal Environment Course, 30 Journal of Legal Studies Education 321 (Summer 2013).
- Chapman, Fitting the Jigsaw Pieces Together to Define the Scope of the Tax Shelter Exception to the Section 7525 Privilege, Business Law Review, Volume 44 (Spring 2011).
- Chapman, Attorney or CPA? Why It Matters: The Evolving Role of Evidentiary Privileges in Tax Litigation, Southern Law Journal, Vol. XX (Fall/Winter 2010).
Editorial Board Reviewed Academic Articles:
- Akins, Gordon, & Chapman, Fiduciary Duty within the Parent-Adolescent Entrepreneurial Relationship, Cumberland Law Review (2021).
- Gordon, Chapman, & Akins, The Case for Regulation of Bitcoin Mining as a Security, 19 Virginia Journal of Law and Technology 669 (Summer 2015).