Education and Career
- PhD, Marketing, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, 2018
- MBA, Graduate School of Management and Economics, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2009
- B.Sc., Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2006
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
- Quantitative Marketing
- Online Word of Mouth
- Social Networks
- Bayesian Econometrics
- Customer Lifetime Value
- Smith Rosanna K., Yazdani Elham, Wang Pengyuan, Soleymani Saber, Ton Lan Anh N. The cost of looking natural: Why the no-makeup movement may fail to discourage cosmetic use. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. (2021):1-14.
- Hoskins Jake, Gopinath Shyam, Verhaal J.Cameron, Yazdani Elham. The influence of the online community, professional critics, and location similarity on review ratings for niche and mainstream brands. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.(2021):1-23.
- Yazdani, Elham, Shyam Gopinath, and Steve Carson. Preaching to the Choir: The Chasm between Top Ranked Reviewers, Mainstream Opinion, And Product Sales. Marketing Science, 37.5 (2018): 838-851.