Education and Career
- PhD, Strategic Management, Michigan State University, 2015
- MA, Leadership and Management, Briercrest College and Seminary, 2000
- BA, Economics, Brandon University, 1996
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
- Strategic Leadership
- Executive Compensation
- Reputation, Celebrity & Status
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Gamache, D.L., Neville, F.P., Bundy, J., Short, C. (2020). Serving differently: CEO regulatory focus and firm stakeholder strategy. Strategic Management Journal, 41: 1305-1335.
- Gamache, D.L., McNamara, G.M., 2019. Responding to bad press: How CEO temporal focus influences the sensitivity to negative media coverage of acquisitions. Academy of Management Journal, 62: 918-943.
- Gamache, D.L., McNamara, G.M., Graffin, S.D., ††Kiley, J.T., Haleblian, J.J., & Devers, C.D., 2019. Impression Offsetting as an Early Warning Signal of Low CEO Confidence in Acquisitions. Academy of Management Journal, 62: 1307-1332.
- Steinbach, A.L., Gamache, D.L., & Johnson, R.E. 2019. Don’t get it misconstrued: Construal level shifts and flexibility in the upper echelons. Academy of Management Review, 44: 871-895.
- Gamache, D.L, McNamara, G.M., Mannor, M.J., & Johnson, R.E.2015. Motivated to acquire? The impact of CEO regulatory focus on firm acquisitions.. Academy Of Management Journal , 58:1261-1282.
- Seo, J., Gamache, D.L., Devers, C.E., & Carpenter, M.A. 2015. The role of CEO relative standing in acquisition behavior and CEO pay. .Strategic Management Journal, 36:1877-1894.
- Connelly, B.L., Haynes, K.T, Tihanyi, L, Gamache, D.L., & Devers, C.E. 2016. Minding the gap: Antecedents and consequences of top management-to-worker pay dispersion. . Journal Of Management ,42:862-885.