Professor and C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Professor of Business Administration
Professor of Business Administration
Education and Career
- PhD, Business, Stanford University, 1985
- MS, Statistics, Stanford University, 1984
- MS, Industrial Engineering, Stanford University, 1978
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Stanford University, 1977
Prior professional positions:
- University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flager Business School, None, 1985 to 2008
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, Adjunct Professor, 2002 to 2002
- Procter & Gamble, Management Scientist, 1978 to 1981
Awards, Honors and Recognitions:
- Hugh O. Nourse Outstanding MBA Teacher Award, Terry College of Business, 2017
- University of Georgia's Women's Leadership Fellow, 2016-2017
- Outstanding Service Award, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2016
- Best Reviewer Award, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 2016
- Robert B. Clarke Outstanding Educator Award, Marketing EDGE, 2014
- Citation of Excellence Winner, Emerald Management Reviews, 2013
- MBA Teacher of the Year Award, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2010
- Best Interdisciplinary Paper, Decision Sciences Institute, 1996
- Chan K. Hahn Best Paper Award, Academy of Management, 1996
- Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Marketing, 1996
- Doctoral Program Teaching Award, University of North Carolina, 1990
- AMA Academic Council, Member, 2008 – 2011, Professional
- Marketing EDGE, Board Member, 2011 – present, Professional
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
- Marketing Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Direct Marketing
- Mason,Charlotte and Kaushik Jayaram (2018): "Don’t Get Eaten! Understanding and Handling Cannibalization Risk", GfK Marketing Intelligence Review, Vol. 10, No. 1 (May), pp. 34-39.
- Lurie, Nicholas H. , Jonah Berger, Zoey Chen, Beibei Li, Hongju Liu, Charlotte H. Mason, David M. Muir, Grant Packard, Joseph Pancras, Ann Schlosser, Baohong Sun, Raj Venkatesan (2018), “Everywhere and at All Times: Mobility, Consumer Decision Making, and Choice”, Customer Needs and Solutions,Vol. 5, Issue 1-2, pp 15-27.
- Hollenbeck, Candice, Charlotte H. Mason and JiHee Song (2011), “Enhancing Student Learning in Marketing Courses: An Exploration of Fundamental Principles for Website Platforms,” Journal of Marketing Education, Vol. 33 (2), pages 171-182.
- Nielsen, Jesper, Stewart Shapiro and Charlotte Mason. 2010. Emotionality and Semantic Onsets: Exploring Orienting Attention Responses in Advertising. Journal Of Marketing Research, (47).
- Morgan, Neil, Doug Vorhies and Charlotte Mason. 2009. Market Orientation, Marketing Capabilities and Firm Performance. Strategic Management Journal, (30):909-920.
- Lurie, Nicholas H. and Charlotte H. Mason. January 2007. Visual Representation: Implications for Decision Making. Journal Of Marketing, (71):160-177.
- Im, Subin, Charlotte H. Mason and Mark B. Houston. 2007. Does Innate Consumer Innovativeness Relate to New Product/Service Adoption Behavior?: The Intervening Role of Social Learning via Vicarious Innovativeness. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, (35):63-75.
- Neslin, Scott A., Sunil Gupta, Wagner Kamakura, Junxiang Lu and Charlotte H. Mason. 2006. Defection Detection: Measuring and Understanding the Predictive Accuracy of Customer Churn Models.Journal Of Marketing Research, (43):204-211.
- Ramaseshan, B., David Bejou, Subhash C. Jain, Charlotte H. Mason and Joseph Pancras. 2006. Issues and Perspectives in Global Customer Relationship Management. Journal Of Service Research, (9):195-207.
- Mason, Charlotte H. 2003. Tuscan Lifestyles: Assessing Customer Lifetime Value,. Journal Of Interactive Marketing, (17):54-60.
- Im, Subin, Barry L. Bayus and Charlotte H. Mason. 2003. An Empirical Study of Innate Consumer Innovativeness, Personal Characteristics and New Product Adoption Behavior. Journal Of The Academy Of Marketing Science, (31):61-73.
- Menor, Larry J., Aleda V. Roth and Charlotte H. Mason. 2001. Agility in Retail Service Management: A Numerical Taxonomy of Strategic Service Groups. Manufacturing And Service Operations Management, (3):273-292.
- Lee, Yih Hwai and Charlotte H. Mason. 1999. Responses to Information Incongruency in Advertising: The Role of Expectancy, Relevancy and Humor. Journal Of Consumer Research, (26):156-169.
- Hodge, Sharon K. and Charlotte H. Mason. 1995. Work versus Windfall: An Exploration of Savings on Subsequent Purchase.Marketing Letters, (6):91-100.
- Mason, Charlotte H. and William D. Perreault, Jr. 1991. Collinearity, Power, and Interpretation of Multiple Regression Analysis. Journal Of Marketing Research, (28):268-280.
- Lefkoff-Hagius, Roxanne and Charlotte H. Mason. 1993. The Roles of Characteristic, Benefit, and Imagery Attributes in Judgments of Similarity and Preference. Journal Of Consumer Research, (20):100-110.
- Mason, Charlotte H. 1990. New Product Entries and Product Class Demand. Marketing Science, (9):58-73.
- Srinivasan, V. and Charlotte H. Mason. 1986. Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation of New Product Diffusion Models. Marketing Science, (5):169-178.
- Mason, Charlotte H. (2012), “V. Kumar: A Lifetime of Value to Marketing,” in Legends in Marketing: V. Kumar, Sage Publishing.
- Mason, Charlotte H. and Aleda V. Roth (2009), “The Right Path to SCM-CRM Integration,” in Handbook of Research on Enterprise Systems, J. Gupta and S. Sharma (editors), IGI Global, pages 134-151.
- Mason, Charlotte and William D. Perreault, Jr. 2002. The Marketing Game! . McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- Advisory Board, Journal of Relationship Marketing, 2005 - present
- Editorial Board, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1997 - present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Marketing, 1990 - 1999, 2016 - 2018
- Editorial Board, Journal of Marketing Research, 1993 - 2003