PhD, Marketing, University of Miami, 2013
MBA, International Business, Florida International University, 2008
BS, Industrial Engineering, Universidad Americana (Managua, Nicaragua), 2005
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Behavior
- Consumption and Healthiness
- Numeric Cognition/Pricing
- Salerno, Anthony and Julio Sevilla (2019), “The Food Scarcity Heuristic: People Overestimate the Caloric Content of Scarce Foods,” Forthcoming at Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Sevilla, Julio, Joy Lu and Barbara E. Kahn (2019), “Maximizing Enjoyment Over Time:
The Interplay Between Variety-Seeking and Satiation,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol 29 (April), 89-103.
Sevilla, Julio, Mathew Isaac and Rajesh Bagchi (2018), "Format Neglect: How the Use of Numerical Versus Percent Rank Claims Influences Consumer Judgments," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 82 (6), 150-164.
- Sevilla, Julio, Jiao Zhang and Barbara E. Kahn (2016), “Anticipation of Future Variety Reduces Satiation from Current Experiences,” Journal of Marketing Research, 53(6):954-968.
- Sevilla, Julio and Claudia Townsend (2016), “The Space-to-Product-Ratio Effect: How Interstitial Space Influences Product Aesthetic Appeal, Store Perceptions and Product Preference,” Journal of Marketing Research, 53(5):665-681.
- Sevilla, Julio and Joseph P. Redden (2014), “Limited Availability Reduces the Rate of Satiation,” Journal of Marketing Research, 51(2):205-217.
- Sevilla, Julio and Barbara E. Kahn (2014), “The Completeness Heuristic: Product Shape Completeness Influences Size Perceptions, Preference and Consumption,” Journal of Marketing Research, 51(1):57-68.