- PhD, Marketing, University of Florida, 2003
- MS, Marketing, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1998
- BSBA, Marketing, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1995
- Information Processing
- Caldieraro, Fabio and Marcus Cunha Jr. (2022), “Consumer’s Response to Weak Unique Selling Propositions: Implications for Optimal Product Recommendation Strategy,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 39(3).
- Min, Dong-Jun and Marcus Cunha Jr (2019), “The Influence of Horizontal and Vertical Product Attribute Information on Decision Making under Risk: The Role of Perceived Competence,” Journal of Business Research, 97 (April), 174-183.
- He, Yang and Marcus Cunha Jr. (2020), “Love Leads to Action: Short-Term Mating Mindset Mitigates the Status-Quo Bias by Enhancing Promotion Focus,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 30(4), 573-784
- Caldieraro, Favio, Jonathan Zhang, Marcus Cunha Jr and Jeffrey D. Shulman (2018). Strategic Information Transmission in Peer-to-Peer Lending Markets. Journal of Marketing, 82(2), 42-63.
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Mark Forehand and Justin Angle. 2015. Riding Coattails: When Co-Branding Helps Versus Hurts Less-Known Brands? Journal of Consumer Research, 41(February):1284-1300.
- Shulman, Jeffrey D., Marcus Cunha Jr. and Julian Saint Clair. 2015. Consumer Uncertainty and Purchase Decision Reversals: Theory and Evidence. Marketing Science, 34(4):590-605.
- Caldieraro, Fabio, Ling-Jing Kao and Marcus Cunha Jr. 2015. Harmful Upward Line Extensions: Can the Launch of Premium Products Result in Competitive Disadvantages?. Journal Of Marketing, 79(6).
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Jeffrey D. Shulman. 2011. Assimilation and Contrast in Price Evaluations. Journal Of Consumer Research,37(February):822-835.
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Fabio Caldieraro. 2010. On the Observability of Purely Behavioral Sunk-Cost Effects: Theoretical and Empirical Support for the BISC model. Cognitive Science, 34(8):1384-1387.
- Boyd, D. Eric, Rajesh Chandy and Marcus Cunha Jr. 2010. When Do Chief Marketing Officers Impact Firm Value? A Customer Power Explanation. Journal Of Marketing Research, 47(December):1162-1176.
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Juliano Laran. 2009. Asymmetries in the Sequential Learning of Brand Associations: Implications for Brand Preference and the Early Entrant Advantage. Journal Of Consumer Research, 35(February):788-799.
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Fabio Caldieraro. 2009. Sunk-Cost Effects on Purely Behavioral Investments. Cognitive Science, 33(1):105-113.
- Cunha Jr., Marcus, Chris Janiszewski and Juliano Laran. 2008. Protection of Prior Learning in Complex Consumer Learning Environments. Journal Of Consumer Research, 34(April):850-864.
- Laran, Juliano Chris Janiszewski and Marcus Cunha Jr. 2008. Context-Dependent Effects of Priming. Journal Of Consumer Research, 35(December):653-667.
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Marketing Research, 2021–present
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Consumer Research, 2011–2021
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 2010–present
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Research, 2016–present
Awards, Honors, and Recognition
- Terry Outstanding Faculty Award: Teaching Excellence Award (2019)
- Recognized for greatly contributing to the development of UGA students (2015-2022)
- Hugh O. Nourse outstanding MBA teacher award, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2016
- Recognized for outstanding teaching by the Office of Academic Affairs and Provost, University of Georgia, Office of the Provost, 2013
- Recognized for outstanding teaching by the Office of Academic Affairs and Provost, University of Georgia, Office of the Provost, 2012
Prior Professional Positions
- Associate Professor & Graduate Coordinator, University of Georgia, 2011-2017
- Associate Professor, University of Washington, 2009-2011
- Assistant Professor, University of Washington, 2003-2009