Erik is a second-year doctoral student in the J.M. Tull School of Accounting focused on financial archival research.
Prior to joining the PhD program at the University of Georgia, Erik gained international Deal Advisory experience as a KPMG Netherlands Senior Manager (Associate Director) guiding clients through dynamic M&A transactions. Prior to the Netherlands, Erik was a manager in KPMG’s (Denver, CO) Deal Advisory practice after starting his career at PwC Audit (St. Louis, MO).
Erik’s experience providing clients with high-quality insight into buy-side and sell-side deal strategies and negotiation tactics also frames his research interests of valuation techniques, non-GAAP financial reporting, mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets.
- MAcc, Accounting, University of Missouri - Columbia, 2012
- MS, International Business Organizational Change and Consulting, Maastricht University (Netherlands), 2011
- BSBA, Finance and Banking, University of Missouri - Columbia, 2010
Awards, Honors, and Recognition
- KPMG Netherlands - Selected as an Emerging Leader (2019 - 2021)
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to the Netherlands (2010 - 2011)
Prior Professional Positions
- Deal Advisory Senior Manager, KPMG (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 2018-2021
- Audit Senior Associate, KPMG (Denver, Colorado), 2016-2018
- Audit Associate, PwC(St. Louis, MO), 2012-2015
- Research Intern, PwC(Maastricht, Netherlands), 2011
- Audit intern, PwC (St. Louis, MO | London, UK), 2010