University of Georgia Provost Jere Morehead has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of dean of the Terry College of Business.
Alan Dorsey, dean of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty from each of the college’s seven departments plus additional staff, student and external representatives.
Members on the committee are:
- Dan Amos (BBA ’73), chairman and CEO of Aflac Inc., a former chair of the University of Georgia Foundation board of trustees and current chair of the Building Terry Campaign Cabinet;
- James Carson, the Daniel P. Amos Distinguished Professor of Insurance;
- Santanu Chatterjee, an associate professor and graduate coordinator of economics;
- Jason Colquitt, the William Harry Willson Distinguished Chair of Business;
- Richard Daniels, director of MBA programs and professor of management;
- Darren DeVore (BBA ’86), principal of the Carroll Organization, chairman of the Terry College Dean’s Advisory Council and a trustee of the UGA Foundation;
- Jennifer Gaver, the James Don Edwards Chair of Corporate Accounting Policy;
- Randy Groomes, Terry’s director of diversity relations;
- Michael Heider, a finance major who plans to join Goldman Sachs in New York City after graduation this spring;
- Elena Karahanna, the L. Edmund Rast Professor of Business;
- Charlotte Mason, professor and head of the department of marketing and director of the Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies;
- Ted McMullan (MBA ’93), president of Covington Investments LLC and immediate past chair of the Terry College Alumni Board of Directors;
- Myra Moore, director of assessment, rankings and undergraduate programs and senior lecturer of economics;
- Henry Munneke, the C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Distinguished Chair of Business Administration;
- Marisa Pagnattaro, professor of legal studies;
- Annette Poulsen, the Augustus H. “Billy” Sterne Professor of Banking and Finance;
- Jill Walton, Terry’s director of undergraduate student services and corporate relations; and
- Bill Young Jr. (BBA ’78), president and partner of General Wholesale Co., chair of the UGA Foundation Board of Trustees and a member of the Terry College Dean’s Advisory Council.
The search firm Korn/Ferry International will assist the committee.
Founded in 1912 as the School of Commerce, the Terry College is the flagship business school in the state of Georgia and the oldest in the South. It enrolls more than 3,200 students in undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs in Athens and at UGA campuses in Atlanta, Gwinnett and Griffin. It includes seven academic departments and offers executive programs as well as certificate programs in actuarial science, leadership advancement, legal studies and music business. Its programs, including the J.M. Tull School of Accounting, Master of Marketing Research, and Risk Management and Insurance Program, consistently rank among the top in the nation. Terry has more than 140 faculty members as well as units such as the Selig Center for Economic Growth that are engaged in research and outreach that strengthens the business community in Georgia and beyond.