Each semester eight of our highest achievers are selected to spend a weekend with former Coca-Cola CEO Doug Ivester and his friends at Deer Run, his 25,000 acre plantation in Leary, Georgia.
At Deer Run, you will take part in a number of activities designed to:
- Inform you about the business operations of a modern plantation and the impact such a plantation can have on the economy and culture of the South.
- Stimulate you intellectually through lectures and discussion. Typically, at least one industry expert will be invited to Deer Run to speak about his or her area of expertise. Topics may include any aspect of business in a wide array of organizations (manufacturing, service, agriculture, non-profit, etc.).
- Encourage you personally through discussions of their life and professional goals and plans.
- Promote team building through activities associated with life on a large plantation. Examples include horseback riding, hiking, skeet shooting, etc.
NominationProspective participants are recommended to the Dean by a Terry College faculty or staff member.
ApplicationStudents are then notified of the nomination and submit a completed application (resume and short essay).
ReviewEach application is reviewed by a Terry College faculty/staff committee that will narrow the applicant pool to a group of finalists.
InterviewFinalists will be invited to participate in individual interviews with the Terry College committee.
Participants are selected based upon
- Demonstrated ability and desire to grow intellectually and personally from the Deer Run experience.
- Excellent academic preparation and potential for continued learning
|Christine Brumfield||Spring 2013||Risk Management and Insurance and Real Estate||Spring 2013|
|Sarah Carr||Spring 2013||Economics||Spring 2013|
|Morgan Gantt||Spring 2013||Management and Marketing||Spring 2013|
|Jackson Govatos||Spring 2013||Finance and Economics||Spring 2013|
|India Pender||Spring 2013||Management||Spring 2013|
|Kally Woo||Spring 2013||Accounting and International Business||Spring 2013|
|Stanley Wyre||Spring 2013||Accounting and Management Information Systems||Spring 2013|
|Joey Youngo||Spring 2013||Finance and Accounting||Spring 2014|
|Jessica Abe||Fall 2013||Marketing and Finance||Spring 2014|
|Brian Baker||Fall 2013||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2014|
|Femi Brinson||Fall 2013||Management and International Business||Spring 2014|
|Chelsea Clever||Fall 2013||Accounting||Spring 2014|
|Tucker Green||Fall 2013||Finance and International Affairs||Spring 2014|
|Marshall Mosher||Fall 2013||Economics, Psychology, and Biology||Spring 2014|
|Brooke Shedd||Fall 2013||Accounting||Spring 2014|
|Shan Siddiqui||Fall 2013||Finance||Spring 2014|
|Holly Beale||Spring 2014||Management Information Systems and International Business||Spring 2014|
|Catherine Bridges||Spring 2014||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2014|
|Eilidh Geddes||Spring 2014||Economics and Mathematics||Spring 2015|
|Muhammad Iqbal||Spring 2014||Finance||Spring 2015|
|Chris Kasuya||Spring 2014||Marketing and International Business||Spring 2014|
|Austin Landers||Spring 2014||Real Estate||Spring 2014|
|Jason Muller||Spring 2014||Finance and Management||Spring 2014|
|Saheedat Onifade||Spring 2014||Finance||Spring 2014|