Each semester eight of our highest achievers are selected to attend classes with the dean and spend a weekend with former Coca-Cola CEO Doug Ivester and other business leaders at Deer Run, Ivester's 25,000 acre plantation in Leary, Georgia.
At Deer Run, you will take part in a number of activities designed to:
- Inform you about the business operations of a modern plantation and the impact such a plantation can have on the economy and culture of the South.
- Stimulate you intellectually through lectures and discussion. Typically, at least one industry expert will be invited to Deer Run to speak about his or her area of expertise. Topics may include any aspect of business in a wide array of organizations (manufacturing, service, agriculture, non-profit, etc.).
- Encourage you personally through discussions of their life and professional goals and plans.
- Promote team building through activities associated with life on a large plantation. Examples include horseback riding, hiking, skeet shooting, etc.
NominationProspective participants are recommended to the Dean by a Terry College faculty or staff member.
ApplicationStudents are then notified of the nomination and submit a completed application (resume and short essay).
ReviewEach application is reviewed by a Terry College faculty/staff committee that will narrow the applicant pool to a group of finalists.
InterviewFinalists will be invited to participate in individual interviews with the Terry College committee.
Participants are selected based upon
- Demonstrated ability and desire to grow intellectually and personally from the Deer Run experience.
- Excellent academic preparation and potential for continued learning
|Tanner Boswell||Fall 2017||Management Information Systems||Spring 2018|
|Alexander Herring||Fall 2017||Mechanical Engineering||Spring 2018|
|Annie Jiang||Fall 2017||International Business and Management Information Systems||Spring 2018|
|Taylor Lameier||Fall 2017||Accounting||Spring 2018|
|Madeline Lee||Fall 2017||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2018|
|Colin Rice||Fall 2017||Management Information Systems||Spring 2018|
|Stephen Solms||Fall 2017||Finance||Spring 2018|
|Helen Woodland||Fall 2017||Finance||Spring 2018|
|Jordyn Beaty||Spring 2017||Finance and International Business||Spring 2017|
|Rachel Cole||Spring 2017||Accounting||Spring 2017|
|Cameron Harris||Spring 2017||Marketing||Spring 2017|
|Zachary Kube||Spring 2017||Real Estate and Marketing||Spring 2017|
|Krystal Lo||Spring 2017||Economics||Spring 2017|
|Molly Malone||Spring 2017||Management and International Affairs||Spring 2017|
|Austin Summers||Spring 2017||Finance||Spring 2017|
|Elijah Yarborough||Spring 2017||Finance and Accounting||Spring 2017|
|Alex Felsing||Fall 2016||Accounting||Spring 2017|
|Waynie Lee||Fall 2016||Management/IB and Advertising||Spring 2018|
|Bruce Li||Fall 2016||Economics and Computer Science||Spring 2017|
|Julie Spangler||Fall 2016||Economics||Spring 2017|
|Felipe Suarez||Fall 2016||Marketing||Spring 2018|
|Rachel Zilinskas||Fall 2016||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2017|
|Olaoluwa Ayeni||Spring 2016||Marketing||Spring 2017|
|Alex Bosse||Spring 2016||Finance||Spring 2016|
|Ally Chastain||Spring 2016||Management and Finance||Spring 2016|
|Robin Haas||Spring 2016||Accounting||Spring 2016|
|Mary Pittman||Spring 2016||Risk Management and Insurance||Fall 2016|
|Adrian Obleton||Spring 2016||Management Information Systems||Spring 2017|