Each semester eight of our highest achievers are selected to attend classes with the dean and spend a weekend with former Coca-Cola CEO Doug Ivester and other business leaders at Deer Run, Ivester's 25,000 acre plantation in Leary, Georgia.
At Deer Run, you will take part in a number of activities designed to:
- Inform you about the business operations of a modern plantation and the impact such a plantation can have on the economy and culture of the South.
- Stimulate you intellectually through lectures and discussion. Typically, at least one industry expert will be invited to Deer Run to speak about his or her area of expertise. Topics may include any aspect of business in a wide array of organizations (manufacturing, service, agriculture, non-profit, etc.).
- Encourage you personally through discussions of their life and professional goals and plans.
- Promote team building through activities associated with life on a large plantation. Examples include horseback riding, hiking, skeet shooting, etc.
NominationProspective participants are recommended to the Dean by a Terry College faculty or staff member.
ApplicationStudents are then notified of the nomination and submit a completed application (resume and short essay).
ReviewEach application is reviewed by a Terry College faculty/staff committee that will narrow the applicant pool to a group of finalists.
InterviewFinalists will be invited to participate in individual interviews with the Terry College committee.
Participants are selected based upon
- Demonstrated ability and desire to grow intellectually and personally from the Deer Run experience.
- Excellent academic preparation and potential for continued learning
|Christopher Buttimer||Fall 2016||Finance||Fall 2016|
|Alex Felsing||Fall 2016||Accounting||Spring 2017|
|Waynie Lee||Fall 2016||Management/IB and Advertising||Spring 2018|
|Bruce Li||Fall 2016||Economics and Computer Science||Spring 2017|
|Doug Mohme||Fall 2016||Finance and MIS||Fall 2016|
|Julie Spangler||Fall 2016||Economics||Spring 2017|
|Felipe Suarez||Fall 2016||Marketing||Spring 2018|
|Rachel Zilinskas||Fall 2016||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2017|
|Olaoluwa Ayeni||Spring 2016||Marketing||Spring 2017|
|Alex Bosse||Spring 2016||Finance||Spring 2016|
|Ally Chastain||Spring 2016||Management and Finance||Spring 2016|
|Robin Haas||Spring 2016||Accounting||Spring 2016|
|Mary Pittman||Spring 2016||Risk Management and Insurance||Fall 2016|
|Adrian Obleton||Spring 2016||Management Information Systems||Spring 2017|
|David Malcher||Spring 2016||Finance and Management Information Systems||Spring 2016|
|Maddi Smith||Spring 2016||Finance and Economics||Spring 2016|
|Rebecca Cessna||Fall 2015||Accounting||Spring 2016|
|Alex Edelstein||Fall 2015||Management Information Systems||Spring 2016|
|Alexandra Edquist||Fall 2015||Economics||Spring 2016|
|Anna Heape||Fall 2015||Marketing||Spring 2016|
|Kyle Karempelis||Fall 2015||Finance||Fall 2015|
|Taylor Long||Fall 2015||Management and Economics||Spring 2016|
|Nick Salyers||Fall 2015||Marketing||Spring 2016|
|Abby Wienstein||Fall 2015||Management Information Systems and Accounting||Spring 2016|
|Sarah Cunningham||Spring 2015||Management and Marketing||Fall 2015|
|Savannah Grow||Spring 2015||Risk Management and Insurance||Spring 2015|
|Derek Hammock||Spring 2015||Accounting||Spring 2015|
|William Heaton||Spring 2015||Risk Management and Insurance and Real Estate||Spring 2015|
|Tyler Jones||Spring 2015||Finance||Spring 2015|
|Emily Joseph||Spring 2015||Finance||Spring 2015|
|Leydiana Munguia||Spring 2015||Management Information Systems and Accounting||Spring 2015|
|Nilay Patel||Spring 2015||Accounting and Finance||Spring 2016|