The Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) PhD program is designed to develop an understanding
of both theoretical and applied aspects of insurance, risk management, and employee
benefits.The Terry College provides an excellent opportunity for those interested
in pursuing a PhD in risk management and insurance. Some of the benefits of the Terry
- Consistently highly ranked, the UGA RMI program is currently the No. 2 program in
the country by U.S. News and World Reports.
- A recent global study ranked the UGA RMI program among the top 10 universities in
the world – and second among public universities — for the impact of its risk management
and insurance research.
- Faculty members are among the top publishers in the premier risk management and insurance
journal, the Journal of Risk and Insurance. See examples of recent faculty work. View our departmental directory for a complete list of the faculty.
- RMI faculty have received numerous research awards from the Journal of Risk and Insurance,
Risk Management and Insurance Review, Journal of Insurance Issues, the Journal of
Insurance Regulation, and others.
- Calculus: differential and integral
- Linear Algebra: a course elementary linear algebra is strongly recommended before taking doctoral
level (8000 and 9000) courses.
Graduate Coordinator and
Departments and Program Offices