The purpose of the Insurance Society is five-fold:
- To promote interest in the field of insurance
- To promote a better understanding of the field of insurance among all students of
The University of Georgia
- To further insurance knowledge; to coordinate the study of insurance with professional
leaders in the field
- To cultivate a fraternal spirit between its members
- To cultivate personal acquaintance of its members for business and social betterment,
so that the highest degree of mutual benefit and cooperation may be obtained
All Risk Management students are strongly encouraged to join the Insurance Society
as soon as they become departmental majors. Membership in the society not only makes
the student eligible for scholarship awards, but also entitles the student to free
attendance at the Careers Day program and the Spring Awards Banquet. In addition,
only members of the Insurance Society are entitled to submit résumés for inclusion
in the departmental résumé book.
To join the Insurance Society, complete an application. You will be given the option
to pay via debit/credit card when you complete your online application, or a check
for dues made out to the Insurance Society may be brought to the Departmental Office
(A405 Moore-Rooker Hall). We do not accept cash payments. Because the dues payments are a one-time only fee, it is advantageous to join both
Gamma Iota Sigma and the Insurance society as early in a student’s college career as possible.
Questions about the Insurance Society should be directed to the organization's faculty
advisor, Jenny Atkinson (A416 Moore-Rooker).