Tuition and Fees
The Professional MBA total program cost for Georgia residents is $53,700. The out-of-state (Non-Georgia resident) total program cost is $69,300. Your investment includes:
- University of Georgia tuition and mandatory student fees
- Career services
- Professional development workshops
- PMBA cocurricular activities and special events
Note: Students are not charged for parking during class evenings or scheduled program events.
|ESTIMATED TUITION PAYMENT DEADLINE*||SEMESTER||PMBA MODULES||COURSEWORK||TUITION PAYMENT (Georgia Residents)||TUITION PAYMENT (Non-Georgia Residents)|
|9/2023||Fall 2023||Module 1||
|1/2024||Spring 2024||Modules 2 & 3||
|6/2024||Summer 2024||Module 4||
|9/2024||Fall 2024||Module 5||
|1/2025||Spring 2025||Modules 6 & 7||
|6/2025||Summer 2025||Module 8||
Tuition rates subject to Board of Regents approval.
A non-refundable $1,000 commitment deposit is required to reserve your seat in your preferred class section and enroll in the program. This amount is applied to your first tuition payment. Your tuition payment deadline is determined by the date you register for classes — class registration for Professional MBA students will open on/around September 1, 2022. Students are responsible for any late payment fees/fines assessed by the University of Georgia.
University System of Georgia employees: The University of Georgia Professional MBA program is not eligible for TAP (tuition assistance program) because it is considered an executive total cost graduate school program. You can read more on the USG TAP policy here.
Students will be notified prior to each module about the course materials they will need for each class, as well as how to purchase specific materials (i.e. textbooks, cases, simulation access, etc.). Students are responsible for purchasing materials and can expect to spend between $2,000–$2,500 over the duration of the program.
International and Domestic Experiences Optional
The Professional MBA offers optional international and/or domestic residencies as elective courses during the second year of the program. While the program tuition excludes the costs associated with the trips, students can request additional student loan funding to cover the cost of the trips entirely. We recommend that students budget $2,000–$3,000 for a domestic residency or $3,500–$5,000 for an international residency.
How to pay for the Georgia Professional MBA Program
Students pay their tuition directly to the University of Georgia. UGA provides a full array of payment options.
Coordinating with Your Employer
If your company contributes to the cost of your degree, we make it easy. The University of Georgia can bill your company directly for your tuition and fees or provide tuition receipts and grade letters for company reimbursement. Employees/Employers will follow the payment option instructions on under the Third Party Billing (Sponsored Billing) section. A billing authorization from the student's sponsor should be received at least one week prior to the payment deadline.
If a student’s employer offers tuition reimbursement, the student is responsible for paying their tuition by the payment deadline. The student will then request tuition reimbursement following their employer’s unique policies and requirements.
Most Professional MBA students take advantage of federal and/or private student loan programs. Learn more about your options and how to apply from our Office of Student Financial Aid.
The Professional MBA Program offers a very limited number of scholarships. All candidates who submit an application are considered for scholarship opportunities – no additional paperwork is required. The number of awards, available scholarship funds, and selection criteria vary from year to year. Awards for candidates are based on merit (academic achievements including undergraduate GPA and/or test scores) or for non-profit or government sector employment.
- Eligibility for award consideration requires a submitted and complete Professional MBA application.
- Submit a complete application by April 1 to ensure your chances of effectively competing for a scholarship.
Additional scholarship opportunities can be identified through Scholarship Universe — a scholarship matching system that maximizes opportunities for students.
If admitted to the Georgia Professional MBA program, you will be classified as either a Georgia resident or a non-Georgia resident. To understand how applicants are classified as Georgia residents or non-Georgia residents, review the information posted on the University of Georgia Graduate School Website.
If you are classified as a non-Georgia resident, you will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate. You may be eligible to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes if you meet one of the following criteria:
Petition for Classification as an In-State Student
- Students who are classified as non-residents who have established and maintained a legal domicile in the state of Georgia for a period of at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of classes for the term may be eligible to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes. You must submit the Petition for Classification as an In-State Student form and supporting documentation to apply for a change to your residency status.
Economic Advantage Waiver
- An economic advantage waiver may be granted to a U.S. citizen, U.S. legal permanent resident, or Non-resident Alien that has taken steps to adjust to U.S. legal permanent resident status and who can provide clear and convincing evidence that they, or their spouse, relocated to the state of Georgia to accept full-time, self-sustaining employment and have established a domicile in the state of Georgia. You must submit the Economic Advantage Waiver form and supporting documentation to apply. This waiver expires 12 months from the date it is granted.
- Military Personnel, Georgia National Guard/U.S Military Reservists, or Recently Separated Military may be eligible for out-of-state tuition differential waivers. After your acceptance to the program, you can submit an Out-of-State Military Tuition Waiver and supporting documentation.
Submit the completed form and required documentation to the University of Georgia Office of the Registrar by August 1 to be reviewed for fall semester.