Our Commitments to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As a College and as MBA programs, we aim to foster a welcoming, inclusive learning environment where everyone feels like they belong. We continue to educate ourselves about the challenges that people of color, LGBTQ people, differently-abled people, and people presenting other marginalized identities face navigating the business environment.
Diversity builds better leaders and stronger organizations. We believe opportunities to grow professionally are maximized when the learning environment includes a variety of perspectives. That’s why the Full-Time MBA program seeks to enroll students with a wide range of backgrounds and personal experiences.
At Terry, we are committed to your success. The Georgia MBA community provides a supportive and structured network for your personal and professional development. Our commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion rests on these four pillars for equity:
Promote Respect - Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment while promoting dignity and respect.
- Our programs are dedicated to academic excellence and will prioritize the respect of and inclusivity of all students in and outside the classroom.
- Our programs will foster belonging for all students in a manner that highlights and celebrates differences.
Support Diversity - Increase recruitment and retention of underrepresented students, faculty, and staff.
- Our programs will identify specific programming and mentorship opportunities for underrepresented students.
- Our programs will make underrepresented students aware of job opportunities, career support, job fairs, and professional societies targeted towards underrepresented populations.
Global Leadership - Prepare students to lead globally, in diverse businesses and communities.
- Our programs will work with faculty to incorporate diversity into their courses. We will encourage faculty to utilize resources that reflect issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and choose case studies that highlight leaders from underrepresented populations.
- Our programs will prepare students to become inclusive and respectful leaders in their future places of work, and to acknowledge the business value of corporate social impact and cultural awareness.
Serve Community - Serve our local community to build a better tomorrow.
- Our programs will provide students with opportunities to serve Athens-Clarke County through volunteering, project-based work, and nonprofit involvement.
Expand your perspective
Diversity builds better leaders. We believe opportunities to grow professionally are maximized when the learning environment includes a variety of perspectives. That’s why the Full-Time MBA program seeks to enroll students with a wide range of backgrounds and personal experiences.
Who you are matters to our program, and realizing your full potential is part of accomplishing your goals. You add value as an individual. We invite you to learn more about who makes up the Full-Time MBA program by reviewing the current class profile on our website.
You can also read our Dean’s November 12, 2020 statement about the College’s commitment to equity.
We are partners with the National Black MBA Association, Prospanica: The Association of Hispanic MBAs and Business Professionals, JumpStart Advisory, and Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA). We partner with others in the College of Business and across campus to provide resources and develop programming in support of our commitments to our students.