About the Human Resources concentration
With more than 70% of US GDP coming from the services sector, managing human resources
has emerged as one of the most pressing challenges of modern corporate organizations.
The Georgia MBA concentration in Human Resource Management builds an interdisciplinary
approach towards managing organizations by combining course work from the Terry College
of Business and the College of Education. Students in this concentration will acquire
expertise in data management and analytics, employment law, risk management, leadership
and negotiations, and business strategies. This concentration builds a strong quantitative
approach to the management of human capital in complex business organizations.
Companies that have hired Georgia MBAs for roles in HR in recent years include AT&T,
Coca-Cola, and Manhattan Associates.
Typical job titles
- Human Resources Leadership Development Program Associate
- Recruitment Manager
- Senior Recruiter
Concentration Path - Human Resource Management
Required Courses (15 hours)
- ECON 7940: Economics of Managing Organizations (Fall & Spring)
- LEGL 6500: Employment Law (Fall & Spring)
- MGMT 7830: Recruitment and Selection (Fall)
- MGMT 7840: Training and Development (Fall)
- MGMT 7850: Performance Management & Compensation (Spring)
Suggested Electives (6 hours)