Students interested in pursuing a Master of Accountancy degree can find both prerequisite accounting and recommended business courses below. Students must complete a bachelor's degree and the below prerequisite courses before beginning the MAcc program. Equivalent courses from other undergraduate institutions will satisfy the required prerequisites.
Accounting Course Requirements*
- ACCT 5000 Intermediate I
- ACCT 5010 Intermediate II
- ACCT 5020 Intermediate III (if offered at undergraduate institution)
- ACCT 5200 Audit I
- ACCT 5310 Systems I (if offered at undergraduate institution)
- ACCT 5400 Tax I
*See the 5-Year BBA/MAcc for more information for students enrolled in the accounting undergraduate degree program at UGA.
*See the Double Dawg Program page for prerequisite information for students enrolled in the UGA Terry College of Business as Non-Accounting BBA Students.
Recommended Business Courses
These courses are suggested, but not required before beginning the MAcc.
- ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2106 Principles of Macroeconomics
- FINA 3000 Financial Management
- LEGL 2700 Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business
- MARK 3000 Principles of Marketing
- MGMT 3000 Principles of Management
- MIST 2090 Management Information Systems
- BUSN 3000 (formerly MSIT 3000) Statistical Analysis for Business
If you are a Terry BBA student or graduate, you may have already taken these courses.