Use this checklist to ensure that you complete the required application components:
MAcc Application Checklist.
Tuition Assistance Deadlines
- Summer: January 15
- Fall: January 15
- Spring: September 15
Deadlines for General Admission
- Summer: February 15
- Fall: February 15
- Spring: October 15
Check out our new scholarship opportunities!
One unofficial transcript from institutions you’ve attended
- UGA students should download a PDF of their unofficial transcript from Athena. If
accepted, an official transcript must be submitted to the Graduate School before enrolling
- Can you waive the GMAT?” The Tull School of Accounting recommends a GMAT score of at least 550 for admissions
to the MAcc program.
Three letters of recommendation (Two from Accounting faculty and one additional)
- You should request recommendations from individuals who know you well, either academically
or professionally. UGA will send an online link to a recommendation form to the recommenders
you list in your application.
Statement of Purpose (1 page)
- Single or double spaced, entitled “Why do you want to pursue a MAcc degree?”
Additional Documents for International Applicants
- Final Transcript or Other Document Showing Proof of Degree
- TOEFL or IELTS scores | Suggested minimum scores are 105 on TOEFL and 7.5 on IELTS.
- Certificate of Finances form | Only required if admitted.
You must submit a one-time application fee via credit card online in order to complete
your application — $75 for domestic applicants, $100 for international applicants.
Applications are considered for fall and spring semesters. Summer admission is limited
to applicants who wish to earn course credit for a summer internship. If admitted,
you will enroll in a 3-hour course and will be required to pay summer tuition. Your
summer internship must be 8 weeks or longer, working 40 hours per week.
Applications received after the general admission deadline for each semester will
only be considered if space is allowed.
Application Fee Waiver
Students attending designated UGA Feeder schools qualify for an application fee waiver
for the Master of Accountancy program. A letter on letterhead from the Feeder Program Coordinator on your campus is required.
UGA Feeder Schools:
Learn more about application fee waivers from the Graduate School, or contact MAcc admissions to confirm your eligibility.
Graduate School Application
You must apply via the UGA Graduate School in order to be considered for admission. Final decisions will be issued by letter
from the UGA Graduate School. Applicants with undergraduate accounting degrees from
AACSB-accredited schools are preferred.
Newly Admitted Student Requirements
- Orientation is required for all newly admitted students. The date for orientation
will be sent with your notice of admission.